Miscellaneous Cost to Inventory

We had(have) a similar issue and resolved via customization. In our case, as we buy lots of brass, stainless & aluminum, metals surcharges were going through the roof for the last several years. We broke our PO Entry (and supplier-part relationships) to include a Base cost (what the vendor quoted with no metals surcharge) and an ever changing (shipment to shipment) surcharge cost. The sum of these then fed the native Unit cost in PO entry and supplier-part entry.

Rob

Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:24:22 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Miscellaneous Cost to Inventory

Vantage 8.03.406

Is anyone out there looking for something similar or know of a process?

We are looking to capture miscellaneous cost and have it applied against the part as it goes to inventory.

I recently received some direction from another Vantage User, which took me down the path of A/P Invoice Miscellaneous Job Line and Detail. After spending a couple days process through different scenarios I believe I was able to clearly explain the process and how this will post miscellaneous cost back to a Job, either against material or subcontract. This will work and was a long time coming for me to figure out.

The question then came up regarding 'Purchased Parts' and how to capture miscellaneous cost to an item purchased directly to inventory. Low and behold I found the Landed Cost functionality on the Receipt Entry screen. This process worked great and I was able to reflect the miscellaneous cost under Matl. Burden. However, this can only be done on parts that do not have a Matl. Burden % setup on them.

So, my issues is... how to capture miscellaneous cost on a purchased part that has a Matl. Burden % > 0 (found in Part Maintenance) .

Jeff

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Vantage 8.03.406

Is anyone out there looking for something similar or know of a process?

We are looking to capture miscellaneous cost and have it applied against the part as it goes to inventory.

I recently received some direction from another Vantage User, which took me down the path of A/P Invoice Miscellaneous Job Line and Detail. After spending a couple days process through different scenarios I believe I was able to clearly explain the process and how this will post miscellaneous cost back to a Job, either against material or subcontract. This will work and was a long time coming for me to figure out.

The question then came up regarding 'Purchased Parts' and how to capture miscellaneous cost to an item purchased directly to inventory. Low and behold I found the Landed Cost functionality on the Receipt Entry screen. This process worked great and I was able to reflect the miscellaneous cost under Matl. Burden. However, this can only be done on parts that do not have a Matl. Burden % setup on them.

So, my issues is... how to capture miscellaneous cost on a purchased part that has a Matl. Burden % > 0 (found in Part Maintenance).

Jeff