Need votes for a program to remove kinetic personalizations

I get that but if we don’t push epicor to finish the product and point out the problems its unlikely to get any better. This type of glaring gap in functionality is the type of thing I think is worth complaining about. If I just quietly fix it myself, Epicor will go on thinking its nbd that you can’t delete kinetic personalizations.

1 Like

I think the idea is that you fix it yourself, while you continue to report the issue. IF it is a show stopper.

We’ve had same issues on 10.2, plenty of them. I just can’t wait for 6mo for a bug-fix. Once Epicor acknowledges it. I can atleast continue with my bypass until then.

@jgiese.wci and I even have a BPM Group called BugFix with a note that says Fixes X Bug, until Epicor fixes it :smiley:

It is however key that everyone puts in tickets. Im with ya.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree.
I’m providing to you with a solution to your immediate problem.
Now you can move forward without having to wait for Epicor to take its sweet time and believe me they will.

3 Likes

Same. I include PRB and Case numbers in the modblock for good reference. Beer trucks drive fast in my town.

1 Like

I’m curious how deleting a layer through an updateable dashboard like that doesn’t violate the support agreement though? I could just write a delete statement to delete it too . . . what’s the difference?

Because I’m using their business objects to do so.
I’m not doing this through SQL which would have been much easier for me.
At least this way the community benefits from the solution in an Epicor-approved way.

10 Likes

BTW thanks @hmwillett for creating a easy to use fix.

1 Like

Several years back, I was working with a customer and reported a true bug… got back the answer that it was too difficult to get a hot fix for, so we would have to wait for the next major release.
The support call was in… the Jira story was complete, BUT, my customer still needed to stop the bleeding.
My solution: Create a BPM that auto fixed the problem. BUT there was an intial IF statement on the BPM… it looked at the version of the software that was running and AUTOMATICALLY STOPPED WORKING when the next release was installed. This was a simple fix that took maybe 10 minutes (8 of those were probably trying to figure out how to automatically deactivate based on the version).

4 Likes

Yup! Every major release I load all BugFix directives. I disable them. Test. Delete un-needed.

2 Likes

Interestingly, Key1 is getting the name of the kinetic layer appended so the dashboard filter doesn’t find it. I’m not sure if this is just my version (2021.2) or this is just how personalizations on top of a customization will always be stored.

Well, that’s annoying. One moment.

Added support for parent layers:

PurgeKinetic_Customer Solution_4.1.200.0_120622.cab (63.2 KB)

5 Likes

I have the Bug Fix BPM group too. Maybe I read about it here and thought “that’s a good idea”!

1 Like

Finally received a working fix from support to delete kinetic personalizations, FX_Del_XXXDef_KineticPersonalization will now search on Key1=userid% instead of Key1=userid (which leaves out any personalization on a customized kinetic form, since key1 now appends the name of the custom layer to the user id).

I’m still eagerly waiting to hear when the product itself will support deleting kinetic personalizations, vs having to go to support for a data fix.

8 Likes

How does voting on Kinetic ideas work? Is it open to all customers? I have an Epicor Identity and can log cases in Epiccare but whenever a vote on idea link is posted it prompts me to log in to Epiocr Kinetic ideas and my Epicor Identity does not work there

If it doesn’t allow you to register yourself, then you have to open a wayfinder request in EpicCare to request access to the Ideas site and they will register you.

thanks, first idea is don’t make us go on a quest to find the way and then jump through hoops just to vote on ideas :laughing:

2 Likes

You know we are talking about Epicor right? It wouldn’t be fun if it wasn’t an epic quest to do the simplest dang thing lol.

No Way Raven GIF by Apple TV+

Hi,

When I select and save it doesn’t remove it even after refreshing. Any for advice? Trying to remove some personalization but can’t. :melting_face: