New System Agent scheduling forces incorrect dates

We always had a problem at time-change time of year, where our daily system agent schedules would gain or lose an hour because “Every day at 1PM” actually meant “Run and then add 24 hours”.

Now they’ve added a time zone drop-down, which is great; but it still seems mixed up about timing.

In this case I want a task to run every Wednesday morning at 01:50AM, but no:

Perfectly happy with Wednesday 09:50 PM and also with Thursday 01:50 AM however:

Am I missing something obvious?

Report as a bug. Their condition that’s trying to constrain that isn’t using the timezone offset correctly.

1 Like

didn’t know they had bug reports - just a regular case? Or something else?

You start it as a case, and they must confirm it as a bug on their end. Fun process, but ultimately necessary in large bundles of software.

This seems straight forward to confirm on their end.

Try setting the time zone, and find a time it will accept, save and click off, and go back and change the time. There are some “issues” with that form.

This is a bug. I reported it already for an issue we were having. I was told by support to remove the timezone and use the UTC equivalent of the time that the job needs to run.

2 Likes

yeah, that’s what we have to do. They say it’s fixed in 2022.2

Semi-Related?

We have this reported as a bug too, we have some “daily” jobs resubmitting every 2 minutes (e.g. MRP Recalc). Even tried deleting and creating new since they existed in prior version and were upgraded.

I didn’t get the just use UTC as a work around, thanks for the heads up - I will test while I’m waiting for our fix, and then regression testing the patch level if I can’t get a retrofitted release.

I just had this start last night, and it had to be on an email that goes to the executive team - also every 2 minutes, WTF?

240 emails.from 22h00 to midnight

looks like it. I also found a late lamented previous employee created a custom system agent screen that automatically creates schedules/tasks on opening… so deleting existing task is whack-a-mole

AHA, sure enough. When you delete the time zone, the time changes to the UTC version on save - including pushing 9:50PM Sunday to 2:50AM Monday, while leaving the Weekday field intact

@JeffLeBert

I declare this to be the #JeSuisBritish bug in our office

I think it’s when you your selected time zone would push the UTC time to the next day. I tested, a batch at 6:59 would have been 11:59 and it went fine. The 7:00 pm batch would be midnight the next day and submitted itself every 2 minutes.

I was wondering why some of my daily batches were running just 1x as expected and some weren’t! Unfortunately we spammed our customers for 2 days, but switching to UTC is looking good so far. :crossed_fingers:

Steve,

My testing of moving everything to UTC (used google to get my conversion) went smooth! I have it on my calendar to go back in Sunday afternoon and check everything – since we set our clocks back the weekend. I’m not ready to believe setting time zones in the task agent eliminates us having to manually update 2x/year. I always use that time to true up the run time anyway, to make up for the time slip each time a batch runs.

Jenn