Non Conformance and VendorNum

Hello All,

I am trying to populate the VendorNum on the NonConf table at Non Conformance Entry. My initial attempts are actually in the Kinetic Form of Non Conformance. This fails as the VendNum changed back to 0 at save. To double-check this, I threw together an Updateable Query and the same results occur… changes back to 0 on update, {Query returned 1 row(s). Updatable query action fulfilled and reported no error}. The same happens with Part Description. I cant change that. I can however, change the reason code. ( as long as it is a valid reason code) . Is the VendNum field not updatable due to Epicor logic ???

My reason of trying to capture the VendNum ( vendor) at the time of initial NonConf entry is that if the part has to be repainted or reworked, we know which vendor to go after. This info would get passed down"in the system" . I am issuing the non-conforming part to a job( may be existing already or need to be created beforehand) and once a reasonable qty are collected to rework/repaint, we will execute the job. ( I had suggested to the powers that be to use Lot numbers but got the answer " to much administrative load" …We don’t do 100 % inspection at time of receipt, usually just a spot check on suspect parts ( new vendor, recurring problems etc) .

The VendorNum would also be used to pass along to the Inspection and/or DMR process.

Would I be better off creating a UD field to hold the VendorNum ?

Thanks

Dean Miller

Hi Dean,

We have the same need and we used a UD, NonConf.ShortChar02 to hold the vendor ID data. See our customization below.
I just reviewed what we did in regards to passing the VendorID into the DMR as needed. I guess I never got to that part :frowning: QA manually re-enters the Vendor ID if it is an inventory DMR.

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Thanks, that’s what I was guessing. Odd that in our NonConf Table, VendorNum is not populated , all have default value of 0. ( could be our Process) .

Dean

Hi Dean,

Are you doing a nonconformance from Inventory? That’s what we have here above. System doesn’t know which PO/vendor since the part is in inventory so I guess that’s why we need to tell it here. I think nonconformance field for vendor num is there for PO inspection processing where it knows the vendor id. It is too bad that we cannot just use the existing field for the Vendornum for the inventory NCR however. That’s why we took the matter into our own hands :joy:

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Yes, Non Conformance from Inventory. Actually a lot easier to add to Kinetic Screen than Classic( a UD field) . Still working out the kinks on tying into the Search function… Was able to create ComboBox pretty easy to put VendorID into textbox…

We do Inspections from Receipt entry, have passed and fails, still no vendorNum in NonConf table.

Dean

1 Like

This is exactly what I am trying to do. I’m guessing you just ran with the UD field and called it a day? Did you push that to DMR VendorNum field or just leave it in NonConf table?

EDIT:
If you add the VendorNum at Inspection Processing, it will update in the NonConf table. It does not automatically push to DMR, though. Unfortunately. So I am tempted to just go the route of UD fields all the way because then I don’t have to worry about any business logic changing stuff or breaking what I’m trying to accomplish.

If the system isn’t writing to the Vendor field, despite it being available in the table, I’d be extremely wary of trying to override that behavior. I’d reach out to Epicor via their suggestions site and ask them to change their functionality. In the meantime, a UD field is definitely the way to go.

I would say that it’s a better idea to write the VendorNum to a UD field since the VendorID can change. That would orphan your child NonConf records.

1 Like

I’m going to go this route. I can’t believe we didn’t have this. They’re processing DMRs in the dark!

1 Like