Option Field Dropdown Selection in Report Designer from BAQ Parameters

Here I am again with more struggles.
I am creating a report that is filtered by site. In the BAQ, after defining parameters I have a dropdown box of the custom fields I create.

The BAQ is filtered by these fields just fine, and I can select from all 3. The problem comes from the Report Designer menu. A simple textbox is created for the option field “OrderRel_Site”, I have no way to select from the parameters defined in the BAQ.

Additionally, if I type in a site code, and go to print preview, attempting to run the SSRS report, an error message occurs of no fields to display.

You should not predefine the parameters in the BAQ if something else (like the Report form) is going to do it.

I’d Add a filter to the Report from as that will do what you want. It will require going to a second sheet.

I don’t know of a way to have the predefined values of the BAQ paramter passed to the report form. Did you make criteria Sets?

Edit

Maybe this post will help:

I have not tried doing this through RDD, also have not built a criteria set. This is new territory to me, so I’ll use that shared thread as reference. Thank you

The term “BAQ/RDD” is a little misleading. I like “Advanced BAQ Report” better. Once you get the hang of it (and it is tricky), you’ll like it over the flat BAQ Report.