Our Qty in Purchase Order

Anitha,

PoDetail.OurQty is in your stocking U/M. It relates to supplierqty (or vendorqty - going by memory) via the suplier U/MÂ & the conversion factor (and direction the factor is to be applied) in part entry (part table I believe - but it could be partplant).

In the PO's themselves, the U/M's (IUM - inventoty U/M & supllier U/M: can't recall the exact field name but it's clear when you look at the table in the data dictionary) are stored in PODetail but for reasons only Vantage knows, the conversion factor (and direction) is in PORelease.

Because they've split the tables (when all this info should be in PODetail), the UM's & conversion factors do not always get reliably pulled into PO entry when setting up a PO. (So if you are buying metal bar in feet but vendor sells by pounds & factor is not 1:1, you can get corrupted POs that later complicate receiving & inventory balances if not caught. To my knowledge, this is still unresolved throu 8.03.408x. We're testing 409 now.)

In genral though, supplier qty (in their selling/billing UM) is derived from OurQty (in you stocking UM) by either diding or multiplying OurQty by the conversion factor) depending upon the conversion direction defined in part entry).

There are also rounding issues ('use whole units': aka integers defined for the parts in part entry). Unless your conversion factors are always 1, you may require 12' of small diameter material (as an example) - and that may be the standard min bar lenght - which exactly converts to say, 2.4 lbs (in vendor qty). It will get rounded up to 3 pounds (and unless it is some precious metal, the supplier's policy may be to bill you for 3 lbs) - but unless caught upon receipt and entered as 12' received in OurQty, receiving as 3 lbs (supplier pack list and ultimate invoice qty) will throw off your inventory (as 3 lbs in this example = 15').

If you are doing 3 way PO, receipt pack list & supplier invoice matching, that situation will then generate an exception (a mismatch) so be prepared to have tolerance & supplier specific rules in place so routine, known exceptions can be handled smoothly and not require a committee to resolve.

Hope that helps. If you are using supplier-part qty price breaks, that complicates things further but it is all 'doable' from a reporting perspective & a quick read of the data dictionary will carify what my tired brain wasn't able to.

Rob Brown
Versa ProductsÂ

Sent: Tue, May 11, 2010 9:49:29 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Our Qty in Purchase Order

Â
hi,
Can anyone guide me on the our qty field in Purchase order-->Lines- -->Detail? How is it being calculated.I need it to build my report.

Thanks & Regards,
Anitha

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
hi,
Can anyone guide me on the our qty field in Purchase order-->Lines--->Detail?How is it being calculated.I need it to build my report.

Thanks & Regards,
Anitha
Table PODetail.CalOurQty

i think it calculates the quantity you need to "buy" considering that you have some in inventory.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Anitha" <anithayedavalli@...> wrote:
>
> hi,
> Can anyone guide me on the our qty field in Purchase order-->Lines--->Detail?How is it being calculated.I need it to build my report.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Anitha
>