Problems in BAQ update processing in 2022.2

It looks like other people have ran into this but I can’t see any clear solutions in the other threads. Since upgrading to 2022.2, if I use “Get List” in my updateable BAQ on my computer, I get a slew of errors. If I rdp into the server and run the client there it works fine. The updateable BAQ (in a dashboard) itself works fine. Its just the designer that has this problem. Epicor support says the problem is caused by multiple installs of .net on the workstation and the only solution is to reinstall windows. I just can’t fathom this. Why? I certainly don’t have time to rebuild my computer from scratch. None of the other software on my computer cares how many versions of .net I have? If BPMs run on the server why are they compiling on the desktop? And why are they failing to compile when I have the .net 6.0 sdk installed?

Uninstall some older versions of .NET
Uninstall Tool - .NET | Microsoft Learn

I would personally, uninstall all and reinstall from .NET 4 onwards. Unless you have business line applications which use .NET 4 and lower.

Yes I had considered that - support said uninstalling .net had not worked for anybody else with the issue. But I might try it anyway.

Give it a shot! If it doesn’t work repost and we will take other avenues to resolve your issue.

Unfortunately no luck. Uninstalled every single version of .net. Rebooted. Same errors.

Then reinstalled just .net 6.0, rebooted again. Again same errors.

Now support wants me to use process monitor to “compare” the working to non-working machine. I have no idea what I am supposed to compare.

Do you know how to use process monitor?
You can add the process you want to monitor.
On both machines close client, opent client, do not start any of bpm. Then run process monitor and select to monitor Epicor.exe.
Then run UI that gives you error on one machine and not on another - BPM or UBAQ. Save the traces in both cases. Maybe their difference will show what is going wrong.

They don’t. And they also do. :laughing:

The compile on the local client (which is probably just syntax check) is so it can
verify the code is correct before save.

Compiled code is not sent to the server, only code.

The server does the real compilation on update.

1 Like

Yes I have done this but I don’t understand the contents of the files.

Just frustrating that valid syntax is failing on my computer. I literally cannot use a code widget on my desktop since upgrading to 2022.2. While yes, I CAN remote into the server, I shouldn’t have to be doing that all day long, it should work on my desktop.

Oh yeah, I get it.

Any more details on this? There are thousands of rows in the traces, what am I looking for?

I don’t know, I was never able to repro this, so I don’t know what is wrong. You worked with support, did they ask you to send them the info you got?

No they said the results were for me to figure out :joy: :sweat_smile:

ok, send them into your case, tell this is for me, I will try to find something.

1 Like

Thanks! I did upload them to the case, its CS0003632259

Fail Season 15 GIF by Murdoch Mysteries

It writes it cannot see several files from .NETCore folder, for example:
C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App\6.0.9\System.Runtime.dll
Do you have this file somewere in C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App ?

actually, can you uninstall 6.0.9 and only leave .16 on your desktop?

I only see one version installed?