Quoting with material scrap costs not calculating properly - 9.0

I had forgotten about it but there is a related bug in quoting that we just discovered that may be in play here too.  I am not sure of all the exact steps to reproduce it (Epicor Support can) but is related to how operations are added or changed.  It seems it picks up the resource cost from the lowest (alphabetically) resource group instead of from the resource. So in our case Assembly (which has a very different cost from other resource groups) gets selected a lot.   It can be changed manually but it is one more thing our people have to be aware of and watch out for.  Not sure if that issue is in 9 or is new with 10.0.700.x.

The other bug with the scrap I work around in some calculations in the Job Traveler to back out the pieces and recalculate the correct required quantity that allows for scrap.  Things also tend to work better avoiding % scrap in favor of a fixed amount. 

-Todd

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015 7:20 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Quoting with material scrap costs not calculating properly - 9.0

Thanks for replying, Todd.  We are going up to 10 and I had hoped it would be fixed.  Looks like I have to wait longer and that is not a good thing.  Anyone else know of a workaround for this??

Bethany Rye
Epicor Business Analyst

PTI Engineered Plastics

Thanks for replying, Todd.  We are going up to 10 and I had hoped it would be fixed.  Looks like I have to wait longer and that is not a good thing.  Anyone else know of a workaround for this??

Bethany Rye
Epicor Business Analyst

PTI Engineered Plastics