Resource Scheduling Time

Good day everyone,
On Resource scheduling board, we can see start time and end times of a certain operation.
How can we ensure that scheduling engine will not include coffee breaks and noon breaks?

As per attached, scheduling includes noon break which is 12pm.
Thanks

As far as I know, the scheduling engine only takes into account the production calendar to determine if a resource is available at any given time. The problem is that the calendar is “precise” to the hour, not minutes:

You cannot set a 15 minutes break in the calendar. If you would like to set a 60 minutes noon break, you could uncheck the checkbox at this moment in the calendar:

You could run some tests. Make sure that you schedule finitely and that your resources are set to finite.

1 Like

Hi Mathieu,
Thanks for your input.
I will try to tie an employee resource to this operation and see if it will still do it.

From what I know, break times can be linked to employee.
Hopefully scheduling will see this break-times by adding employee resoure.

Thanks

That statement made me think. I always tough the sched engine was taking into account the info in Shop Cap (created by different constraints) and cross check it with Resource Timed Used in order to establish the availibility of a resource. Which means that even if you’re making changes to the production calendar, resource group calendar, resource calendar (or what ever), it would not have any direct effect on the availibility of a resource.

You’re right, this is why you need to run the Generate Shop Capacity Process after applying changes to calendars and resources

You can use Shift Maintenance to define breaks, you can add as many as you like.