Right-click open-with crashing Epicor 10.2.700

Since we upgraded to 10.2.700.6 in mid-February, some users have mentioned that Epicor crashes a few times a day, usually after trying to open something with right-click open-with.

As far as I know, we’ve removed any of the problematic windows updates (rolled back to January).

It’s been fine on my client, but some of the others are our veteran Epicor power users that know the system well.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I wonder if system logging or a trace log could help pinpoint the cause.

Right-Click open with is all handled with the client/res/contextmenu.xml in the client folder.

I would replace that xml file on the users machines to see if that corrects the issue.

If they have made changes to the Context Menu they would probably need to recreate it again.

There should definitely be something on the Event Viewer at the very least, but also enable server logging.

@John_Mitchell & @Jonathan - Thanks. I’ll try replacing the user’s contaxtmenu.xml with mine, and see if anything is getting logged when they crash. Will report back.

We replaced the contextmenu.xml on 3 users, and they said it’s better, so I’ll go with that. Thanks @John_Mitchell!

1 Like