User Crashing

I have a few users that have their Epicor crashing and this two seems to be a common error message. Anyone see this before?

Application Error ## Error Detail ## ============ ##!Message:##! A runtime exception in EO Browser has occurred. The crash log is available in the same folder as the EOBrowser console log (by default, %APPDATA%\epicor). ##!Inner Exception Message:##! This WebView either has already been destroyed or is being destroyed. ##!Program:##! ##!Method:##! ## Inner Exception ## =============== This WebView either has already been destroyed or is being destroyed. ## ##

The program Epicor.exe version 3.2.600.6 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 2184

Start Time: 01d690d0a2ebdf9b

Termination Time: 66

Application Path: C:\Epicor\OFFICE\Client\Epicor.exe

Report Id: f3ebf134-8585-4d47-9ee0-ca662abaf5a1

2 Likes

Any luck with this? We typically see this error when exiting the app, and it seems to be benign at that point. We have another staff member reporting today that she is getting a similar error when exiting a Discovery Chart, but again, it seems more annoying than anything else.

We use Kinetic (Active Home Page) on E10 Public Cloud.

Are they using the active homepage (rather than Modern or Classic views)?

I have an EpiCare case with my active homepage going white, and the suggestion was to set the client’s config file EOBSharedMemory value = TRUE. Apparently there’s an issue with the web browser built into Epicor to show the active homepage tiles. FWIW, this tweak didn’t solve my issue.

On your E10 shortcut, there should be a reference to the E10 config file (*.sysconfig). Go to your E10 client directory, go to the config directory and the edit the *.sysconfig file you are referencing.
Search for EOBSharedMemory to see if there is already an existing line and if not, copy/paste the following, after <userSettings>:
<EOBSharedMemory value="True" />
Save your changes and restart the E10 client. Let me know if your EDD widgets still get stuck loading.

Epicor help said this was a known issue due to Active Homepage and is fixed in 10.2.700. I am still getting things setup to test 10.2.700 so I am not sure if it is indeed fixed or not.

We are moving to the cloud this weekend in 10.2.700 and still getting this error as users install the client. Any updates on this?

No, I have not had the issue since 10.2.700.

I had this issue and after learning 10.2.700.10 fixed it, or so I had on these forums a few weeks back, I updated and don’t have the issue anymore. I recommend updating.

Interesting I have a handful of users getting this we are on 10.2.700.12.

It sometimes help reinstalling it but not always, there are 2 cases being persistent.

I am going to try the config file route.

If I’m not mistaken, it is related to the Tips pop up. The persistent ones we logged in on a different pc that was already configured and working and unchecked the tips on startup box. It seems to be related to that, but it could also be the notifications setup. Either are resolved with the above. For the ones that were not persistent, we deleted the global personalization that is created and had the user log back in and that did the trick.

Thank you Eric. I am going to try that.

The config file route did not work for me.

I had users uninstall Epicor, reboot and then it seemed to work but not everytime.

We had crashing issues tied to the right-click open-with context menu, and replacing the xml in the client seemed to help.