RMA Receipt and RMA Disposition

Hi Epicor Gurus,

When receiving a material on the RMA screen why epicor doesn’t set up the material cost as soon as i receive it ? Instead when we use disposition to stock and then check use current cost then it will fill these fields.

I am assuming that dispostion view is the RMA receipt table or boths are link.

Is there a business explanation for this.

We struggled with this to. What we determined that when Epicor ‘Receives’ the RMA Line item, it is in an inspection Status, No cost needed. When you create a Disposition, Epicor executes the stock transaction either into stock or Scrap, that is where the costs come in. We determine what Sales Order the RMA Line item was sold under ( usually the last Sale to that customer) and that is entered in the RMA Processing screen. That pulls in the Cost for the item. We have not confirmed if that is our current Std cost or the Cost at the time of sale. I would have to do a little digging for that. Our costing method is Std cost but I imagine that if one was using Ave Cost , this cost entered can make a difference. I hope this helps a little.

Dean

Hi Jaime,

I would suspect the business explanation is that until disposition you don’t know if you are bringing value into your plant. In inspection it’s akin to Part limbo :slight_smile: IDK if that helps at all but that’s how we think of it.

Nancy

1 Like

Thanks a lot , now is more clear :smiley: