SaaS 2022.1 >> 2022.2 - the much awaited upgrade

Version 2022.1 → 2022.2

The much awaited upgrade to 2022.2 is here (in Pilot)
MT is today - Public will be Friday - Sunday, Sept. 9th - 11th.

Many problems should be fixed
Please update with new features and issues.

Starting with Pilot - already got an issue with the installation of the DLL.s

I would sometimes see this if there was still a version of Epicor/Kinetic still running as an orphan. Rebooting makes sure those zombies are dead but careful use of the Task Manager has also worked.

1 Like

I can’t get in either. Just booted up the computer from a long weekend, so I don’t think there should be any remainders of a previous instance. I tried clearing the cache folder too.

:thinking:

Can you get in with the Browser?

I have had this issue with two different installs.
Client ran through the upgrade just fine.
I reinstalled when it failed.

Still same results.
I will try the browser - good call @Mark_Wonsil

Just got in with the browser

1 Like

So it’s a .NET issue. I wonder if the listed DLL or one it’s dependency is blocked.

Does this release require a newer version of the .NET Framework? (4.8)

1 Like

First Feature that I checked was the elimination of Periodic Posting Process.
For those that are familiar with this - Epicor has taken a unique approach on the solution.
It will be easy to move from version to version in the future and even into 10.2.500? if someone want to have this now.

The detail is similar to what I have done in the past.
Here’s the STK-CUS script.
Else If COSAndWIP–PartTran–Details–Tran Type = ‘STK-CUS’

• Result= Concatenate Result + ’ Order:’ + COSAndWIP–PartTran–Sales Order Detail–Order Num + ‘/’ + COSAndWIP–PartTran–Sales Order Detail–Line Num + ‘/’ + COSAndWIP–PartTran–Sales Order Detail–Release Num + ’ Pack:’ + COSAndWIP–PartTran–Shipping Details–Slip Num + ‘/’ + COSAndWIP–PartTran–Shipping Details–Line Num + ’ Cust:’ + COSAndWIP–PartTran–Customer–Customer ID*

Dot net 6 i think, completely new arch (and hosting model)

I knew .NET 6.0 for the server, but is that now true for the client? I didn’t think they were going to invest in that upgrade since the client is going away.

1 Like

I tried it again a few minutes ago. It then updated instead of the error message. However, after the update when I double click the icon nothing happens.

I checked the event viewer:

Ah - not 100% sure, I never did a client install for that version outside of the server so I didnt notice.

But I do seem to remember seeing pre-req for 4.8 in install guide.

2 Likes

And I believe Olga mentioning that if you’re doing server-side development (Directives, etc.) then you’ll need .Net 6 at the client. But I think the client itself is still 4.8 Framework and not Core.

2 Likes

No, you don’t need .NET6 on client, it should work fine, as I am told

2 Likes

This was the post I remembered. It may be required for people using code?

Kinetic 2022.1.1 Transaction Scope - Kinetic 202X - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Here is error on logon, it is not related to any code issues that can happen later. It is more missing or outdated locked dll issue.

2 Likes

Reloaded the client folder - which got me into Pilot

2 Likes

I don’t have any information on the initial error being reported here. But I do want to add some clarity as there seems to be some confusion with the platform.

.NET 6 was introduced in 2022.1 (server only). There are no major platform changes in 2022.2 so the server remains on .NET 6 and the client remains on .NET Framework 4.8.

Developing custom code (method directives, etc.) does not require .NET 6 on the client. If it is installed, it will take advantage of it for code validation. But if it not installed, it will gracefully fall back to using .NET Framework 4.8.

3 Likes

In Kinetic - searching for PO Suggestions - you need to scroll down to bring in all of the records.
After you have them all and select all - still not allowing you to bring in all of the records you want to review.
Only the first 200

Interesting. The reason I mentioned it was this reply from @Jonathan from the above link about Transaction Scope:

So if I understand correctly, it should gracefully fall back. If one still has trouble with code validation, then it doesn’t hurt to install .NET 6.

1 Like

To my knowledge Epicor Auto-Update was never good at updating the Client for Major Versions. You may need to make sure you re-download the latest 11.2.200 Client.

I am making an assumption you relied on Auto-Update, perhaps you didnt.

Also I run Epicor.exe and not Kinetic.exe for success.

4 Likes