Schedule a process/task in Epicor

Hello All,

Is there any Option/Setup in Epicor other than service connect to schedule a process/task (example closing quote, creating sales orders and send Emails, etc) with COMPLEX CRITERIA?

Regards
Dnyanraj Patil

1 Like

Windows Schedule + PowerShell + DMT
All my clients have moved off of Service Connect to PowerShell + DMT, much cheaper solution and the skills required are more standard and documentation is widely available.

Triggering items via BPM on a UD table when a checkbox is enabled is a quick and easy way to utilize the PowerShell and DMT.

There are other possibilities as well.

1 Like

Mandatory Cloud Comment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Like Azure Functions (PowerShell) on a timer or http trigger. You don’t have to dedicate a machine to do it and it’s pay as you go - and for this load, it would be essentially free (< $5/month)

If you are in 600+ you have Functions…

And you can definitely schedule those and they are WONDERFUL… right @Mark_Wonsil

3 Likes

Yes, I was focused on scheduling but EFx, they are far more powerful than DMT.

You can create a system agent ‘schedule’ for the thing you want to do, and write a bpm that triggers each time the ‘next run date’ changes. That BPM can do anything you want :slight_smile:

And you don’t have to have any real epicor tasks on that schedule either but you can, so if you want to have this BPM run each time the Scheduling process runs, then you can do that too…

2 Likes

Is there an device supported by an Epicor BO that will pour a margarita? :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail:

I didn’t think about triggering this off of a scheduled (even if unused) task. I have a few things I want to do with this idea.

The “Schedule Epicor Function” process is your friend here.Define parameters and your schedule

3 Likes

I haven’t found it yet, but I’m sure with a little custom code and a couple of IOT devices accessed via REST the group here could certainly make it work!! :mage: :woman_mage:

@Edge’s reference is also correct as @Mark_Wonsil and @josecgomez mentioned as well, but I’ve not gotten into Functions yet so I cannot comment on the newer stuff.

2 Likes

I’m on 10.2.5, and whilst I can create a function, I can’t see the ‘Schedule Epicor Function’ @Edge.

Is this only available in 10.2.6?

Cheers,

Andrew.

Correct

1 Like