Schedule & Dispatch - Field Service

Can anybody tell me if this is an add on? Something custom?

I saw a youtube video by Mark Chinsky and it showed something called Schedule & Dispatch, but I can’t find anything like this in any Epicor 10.2 environment…and it actually looks pretty slick.

It was called Schedule and Dispatch…

Yes, it was written by Hitachi. It is slick. It also has a facilities database for where your product is installed, which is not necessarily where it was shipped-to. I think it might be a little $$$$ if you don’t need all of the capabilities.

Mark W.

Thank you.

Andrew Fagan
afagan@sonasgrp.com
617-335-0505

Andrew, you might be referring to the older one Epicor had that was acquired from an Australian company. Turned out to be seriously buggy and under featured so they discontinued it. I don’t think I’ve done one with the Hitachi system yet.

But the Hitachi solution is pricey and requires their implementer to do the project so keep that in mind.

Thanks. Sounds like it’s worth entertaining, but a custom solution might be a better fit.

Andrew Fagan
afagan@sonasgrp.com
617-335-0505

Yes this was from the older offering of Epicor Mobile Field Service, this was written by an Australian Arm of Epicor, I implemented this at one of our customers and it was no fun. There is a new offering now called FSA, Field Service Automation, which is a much better solution and in 10.2.3 more functionality is coming, we are looking to rip out the old one and implement this one along side the upgrade to 10.2.3.

1 Like

Andy,

I could be wrong, but doesn’t Epicor mandate that Hitachi implement the system? They haven’t seemed to make getting trained and implementing it an option for external partners.

HI,
we are a VAR here in the UK and we have been on a training course for implementation, we are currently negotiating a deal with a customer and we know of one other VAR in the UK that has sold it. It will be with support from Hitachi, but the customer will only deal with Epicor or the VAR.

Andy

I realize that this is an old post - but I have seen, and been sold the mobile dispatch as part of Field Service Management - Epicor’s version.
We received a Mobile license - now we just need to get the impementation guide for the mobile side.

They have a new third party solution, not sure if that’s what you are dealing with. I think it is called Service Pro, or something along those line. It has some dispatching capabilities, but the offering is pretty weak over all. I had a customer buy it, and we tried to implement it, but it was extremely limited and constrained by the epicor field service module, which is very strict on offerings and capabilities.

If it is something other than that, I’d be curious what it is how you like it. So far, I haven’t seen anything from epicor to fit the demands of a true field service company.

One of the VAR’s has a mobile field service app that integrates with Epicor, there is also a schedule and despatch element to it