Search-value-set when using BAQ search type

I am attempting to use a BAQ to return search results and populate fields in my UD01 table. I have been successful in following the solution in post Multi Field Bindings - Search-Value-Set using a standard search. However, when I try to get this to work for a BAQ search (or Quick Search) not all the data populates. Has anyone been successful in setting up a BAQ search to work?

I have populated the search-show > Parameters > Search Options > Search Type = BAQ and Search Name = my BAQ name. I wasn’t sure if I should check “Return Multiple Tables but have tried it checked and unchecked…didn’t make a difference.

I have the Columns and Multi Field Bindings set in the search-value-set > Parameters following the examples in the post mentioned earlier.

When I test the search it appears to use my BAQ as I am prompted to enter my parameter, which is a Sales Order Number and I can then select from the rows returned. The data fields showing in my search are the fields returning in my BAQ.

My issues is that once I select a record, it does not populate all the data – it only populates the Sales Order Number (SO#). It almost acts like it is following the Standard Search and not what I setup tin the search-value-set.

Since this is coming from a BAQ, I believe your column names are incorrect.

I would expect it to be something like (adjust the table names as needed to match your query):

["OrderHed_OrderNum", "OrderDtl_OrderLine", "OrderRel_OrderRelNum"]

It’s never just the column name with BAQs.

1 Like

Using the column names from the BAQ did not work - the Sales Order number didn’t even populate. I had tried them prior but tried again just in case.

It is like my BAQ is being ignored and the search is using the Standard Order Search as I did a test using the “CustomerName” field which is returned in the standard search - instead of the field in my BAQ and it populated to my form.

Should be an underscore, not a period in your BAQ names.

I tried underscores too…still not working
[
“OrderHed_OrderNum”,
“OrderDtl_OrderLine”,
“OrderRel_OrderRelNum”,
“JobProd_JobNum”,
“Customer_Name”,
“OrderDtl_PartNum”,
“OrderDtl_RevisionNum”,
“OrderDtl_XPartNum”,
“OrderDtl_XRevisionNum”,
“OrderDtl_LineDesc”
]

When you click search and select a results, what do you see in DevTools on the Network tab for the ExecuteBaq call?

This is what I see for Preview in ExecuteBaq. Looks like I am missing some setup.

Under Reponse I do see my BAQ data

Nah–you’re not missing any setup. Just click the carrot to expand the data.

What version of Kinetic are you on?

Phew…that makes me feel better. We are on 2022.1.11 (11.2.100.0)

One thing I noticed is after the ExecuteBaq there is a GetList that runs and this returns data from the standard Order search. Should this be executing?

I can’t replicate your issue on 2021.1 or 2022.2.

Here’s my setup. Can you confirm with yours?

1 Like

That’s fine. That’s just grabbing the data for the specific SysRowID that you selected from your BAQ search.

The only difference I see is that my BAQ is not querying a UD table - it is using standard tables so my Like is using OrderHed.OrderNum

Does your search-value-set have anything in the Ep Binding or Value? I have populated these and left blank and that didn’t seem to make a difference since I have the Parameters populated.

That’s fine. Use whatever you need there for your appropriate use case.

No–that’s only used if it’s one-to-one.

Okay, so the first thing I see is you have multiple events which is why you have multiple searches coming up. I got rid of all but the SalesOrder_c_OnClick.

I was able to replicate your issue; still looking into why.
I’ll take another peek tomorrow.

Thanks - The event for JobNum search was just me playing…I had tried searches on the two different fields trying to get something to work.

Okay–after some extensive testing, I’m convinced this is a bug.
I can get it to work when the ‘Like’ field is using a UD table like UD103.Key1, but not from an Erp table. I tried your BAQ, a simple Order BAQ I made, and a simple PO BAQ that I made. All of them return undefined.

Here’s the interesting bit.
When it’s a UD table, the multiple search results are populated in ErpSearchResults with the one you select in searchResult (Proper BAQ Column names and all).

However, for the Erp tables, it shows the proper search results in ErpSearchResults, but when you select one, the row in searchResult is not correct. It’s not from the BAQ–it’s from the SalesOrderSvc.

And to touch on your earlier point about the GetList being called after the ExecuteBaq, when I do the UD103 one, it shows the UD103List table which does not include my BAQ columns, but that does not seem to matter as shown by the prior screenshots.

Long story short–you should submit this to support.

Thank You for verifying this…at least I know I am not crazy :crazy_face: I have opened case CS0003339286 with Epicor Support.