Series 1 EpiSode 6: The Kinetic Transformation with Brian Conner

You can force a user to use SSO. Or not.

1 Like

If they are on the browser though, does it still ask them to pick between the authentication methods?

1 Like

Radical Candor - Kim Scott

Radical Candorā€”Be A Kick-Ass Leader And Empower Your Team

1 Like

Funny I donā€™t get that. Just the original web loginā€¦

1 Like

What version are you on @Hally ?

Pretty sure thats 2022.2 where you get this dropdown with auth method.

1 Like

Just installed 2022.2.4

My App server is configured for Basic, maybe thatā€™s making a difference. Just checked the URL in the help and I am using the correct one https:////Home. E.g. https://EUQA07.PLAYGROUND.LOCAL/ERPCurrent/home

Anyway Not a big one at this point.

@josecgomez what is the end of your URL that you are using?

1 Like

This is the URL iā€™m using.

https://<TLD>/EpicorKineticGold/Apps/ERP/Home/
1 Like

Nope same hereā€¦ That is unusual. App server configured for something other than Basic perhaps?

Thanks for checking.

Damn! that login is fast though!

1 Like

Yes mine has Azure and Basic configured.

3 Likes

Didnā€™t have Allow Windows and Allow Azure AD checked in the Config. :grimacing:

2 Likes

There you go, was going to say you have to have multiple auths allowed.

1 Like

@josecgomez if you are on browser though and the user has SSO forced, does it still allow them to pick between auth methods?

Or is it going to be recommended that you spin up a different app server for SSO and only allow that so there never is another option?

1 Like

Authentication methods must be shown before login. At that point, no user settings are available - you cannot say what login is allowed by user manager until you logged in as manager.

2 Likes

Thank you Olga!!! I knew someone would point out how oblivious I am and how ignorant I was!

Thank you!

Hence this previous post:

-Utah

2 Likes

I mean after you type in a username you would know right?

Why would the user choose what auth method they want?

Thinking out loud here and just saying, if things could be re-done right now and it was all a dream, wouldnā€™t it be logical to assess which user is logging in, check the user account settings and then use the right auth method? I havenā€™t given any thought to this question myself, so again, I am ready to be humbled.

-Utah

1 Like

So my install is set to Classic Basic and Allow Windows, and I went from just having username and password when I had none of the Allow checkboxes checked, to having the option of SSO and Epicor Basic as the choice.

No doubt there is a way to change which is the default in the drop down (currently itā€™s SSO now)

Other Option I guess is have an app server for each way perhaps?

2 Likes

Until you login, you would not.

1 Like

^

I donā€™t often see an application (like banking or windows, etc.) ask me what auth method I want to use every time I log in. I set it up on my user account and thatā€™s that.

1 Like

yes, this is how Azure AD or IDP would do.

2 Likes

I see

1 Like