Series 1 EpiSode 6: The Kinetic Transformation with Brian Conner

Epicor just recently acquired Epicor Acquires eFlex Systems | Epicor U.S. which will be integrated into Kinetic.

1 Like

That’s who I assumed you were referring to. I have a demo with them this Monday.
Thanks.

1 Like

Today, after work, I wanted to tinker with ElectronJS. I was wondering if we could create our own client and embed certain tweaks into the Kinetic Web Version. It turns out that it is possible. If you are a large enterprise and are using RDS or Citrix and in the future want to continue to use a local client instead of the browser, for whatever reasons, and preload it with extensions, it is possible with ElectronJS (https://electronjs.org/).

It was a fun little project. I have no intention of using this. Just wanted to learn some Electron.

Electron Hybrid Client

The old tree does not really fit the Kinetic UI. I do like the modal window for printing reports, however. I changed the behavior to act more like classic, by opening hyperlinks in their own window and hiding some elements.

The Classic Toolbar simply finds the new elements on the DOM and invokes .click()

Grid Tinkering

Used Data from Retool

2 Likes

I am passionate about web development technologies and am looking forward to the improvements that Kinetic will make over the next two years.

I am hopeful that they will provide us with more control to add app-extensions and custom components, and more page-types such as full width and height, or more control for styling, and that they will make the UX platform available to all developers through the SDK license.

I have included some demos I experimented with over the weekend, using various Web Frameworks & SDKs. Just embedding them as WebViews with some tweaks. Still trying to get appcommunicator to work :smiley:

Showcase UI Concepts

EDIT:
I spent some time in App Studio 2022… looks promising. I think I found how to make a component and custom page-types.

Some Custom Events for testing hi @hmwillett

7 Likes

The Epicor MetaFX API provides open endpoints, enabling developers to create custom parsers, Visual Studio Code extensions, and more. This provides a wide range of opportunities, such as the ability to recreate the Epicor Client (if you really wanted to), or parse a UD Form into your own Portal, or to deep link into App Studio designer mode, while pulling metadata on the side using the MetaFX API endpoints.

This weekend, I was just experimenting. However, as MetaFX is still in the process of evolving, it is too early to develop something to be released to the public. With further development, this extension could become available in the near future. That is of course if Jose Gomez want’s to take it over (the king of extensions 2% of people will use).

// Check out the following API Service
https://epicor.contoso.com/KineticERP_Demo/api/v1/Ice.LIB.MetaFXSvc

Whatever you do @bconner @Edge keep and give us more open endpoints, one can utilize. Great work. The more I dig in, the more impressed I am. Despite :poop: on Kinetic many times over before.

I need to provide you a wish-list as a developer or partner, such as full-screen page-types, ability to customize the shell etc…

Im getting tired of Chrome Extensions and Electron Browser :smiley: always having to publish to their store.

Having the ability to add hooks into Main Shell (main.js), allows us to inject stuff like www.openreplay.com

Some OpenAI… Execute some JavaScript OnBlur (needed a custom js component, could probably be done with EFX)

2 Likes

Or, as mentioned above, instead of hooking the code have a Web-SDK that would allow users to create web components and secure web APIs. :thinking:

3 Likes