Setting the location of the P.E. Log file

I am trying to find if it is possible to set the location where the posting engine log file is stored as I would like our test app servers to log to a different location to the live one.

Thanks,
Richard

I don’t know if you could specify the location of specific logs, but you could duplicate the EpicorData folder on the App server, with the copy named EpicorData_TST. Then set Serever and Client locations in System Agent.

You may have to go through and set the permissions and sharing for the new folder, to match the original’s, before updating the System Agent.

Ah! good idea. Please remind me where the settings are again as i am have a senior moment!

System Setup -> System Maintenance -> System Agent.

Full disclosure - I’m not entirely sure what all is stored in the Server Data Directory and the Client Data Directory.

Also don’t know whether it is better to copy the original (so to get the full directory structure and all the files), or to just create the “root” directory (with the right security and sharing), and assume the App will create the directory and files necessary.