Support Experience (Vantage - FRx related)

I know there are several sites and group members who have had less than satisfactory experiences from support and I really feel for them because I know how frustrating it can be in the midst of a crises to feel abandoned. I've had a case or two of my own in five years. It's just as easy to express anger about it as it is to take good experiences for granted.

Fair's fair and I just wanted to relate one of those good experiences. In two parts....first yesterday I requested, via the portal, some instructions for connecting FRx to Vantage....and this morning received an email with exactly what I needed. About 24 hour turn around on a non-critical issue. The documentation worked great.

Then in the initial load of the G/L data to the FRx SQL Server database....I got a series of error messages and had to abort. Called support (tech side) and Bill there looked it up and found a known issue which the accounting side had a solution for...he transfered me to them. OK, I had to leave a voicemail...but less than 15 minutes later I had an email from Beverly tellling me I needed to go to 6.10.513 for the fix (we are on 511). Presumably the problem will be solved by a patch update this weekend. A patch I could have done long ago, but by my own "ain't broke, don't fix it" policy of waiting for a "need", would have avoided needing support altogether.

Lest it all seem negative there are some good experiences with Epicor's support too. They do try.

-Todd Caughey
Harvey Vogel Mfg. Co.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]