Tracing Options on Kinetic Forms

I’m not sure if I’m just not doing something right, but are you still able to run tracing options when you’re running the Kinetic UX form? Example, I open up Tracing Options, click my usual boxes (Enable Trace Logging, Write Full Dataset, Include Server Trace), then I Clear Log and Apply. When I run something in an application that’s the new Kinetic UX, go back and view my trace log, I get the usual junk about the system monitor, etc - but nothing from the application.

I’ve been working around this by running the classic version of the form and doing my trace. If I’m developing a BPM or Function, the trace is the key tool to knowing what’s happening in the application.

Is it just me?

The best is if you use Dev Tools in the browser: How To: Debugging Kinetic (Browser) - Experts’ Corner - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

1 Like

No.

But also yes.

The Kinetic forms don’t go through the same process that does the tracing, even when run from the local client. You’ll have to turn on the eo browser debugging to debug kinetic forms when running from the client.

Same thread, local client info: