Traveler Print Sequence by Material Type

All,

I am looking for ideas on how to control the print sequence of assemblies on Job Traveler. We would like to be able to control the order of assemblies printed by material type used for that assembly. Currently the print order is ascending by assembly number.

Does anyone have any experience with printing Assemblies out of sequence or any third part products that could do this?

Thanks!

Paul

You would need to customize the Traveler and change the Sorting.

You should be able to create a custom job traveler. Is the information the same? or do you need to create a whole new report?

The information for the traveler is the same. People just want to be able to sort the print order of the assemblies. They want it grouped by raw material so all assemblies using that material can be produced together. I can sort by assembly, but what I am really looking for is a way to add a sequencing based on one of a few materials that the assembly is comprised of.

I think I would have to come up with a dashboard listing the assemblies and their materials and print a custom traveler using the info from the dashboard. Something along that line…

You may need to use a BPM to store a value about the assembly’s materials and then sort by that value in your report.

I will try that… Thanks!