Trouble adding table to sub report in Job traveler

@Evan_Purdy - Do you see the “Error: Subreport could not be shown” when the report is uploaded and run from the normal printing method?

If you’re trying to preview it from a downloaded report, running in Report Builder on your workstation, the sub-reports might not be accessible.

Here’s what I get when I run a downloaded report on my workstation:

But after uploading and running it from Job Entry, I get:

NO ERRORS!!!

P.S. I usually change the background color of rows on a report, just to be able to identify them on the rendered output.

When you go to preview the report in report builder you will be prompted with a parameter asking for the GUID. This is where you can supply the value you found in the System Monitor for when you ran your report in Epicor.

Ah, yeah, that would require being able to see the report server.

when the report is uploaded and run from the normal printing method?

@ckrusen
This is the only way I can test :sob:
I have to upload after every little change.

Well … on the plus side … you know it’s not an issue with trying to test on your workstation.

I’m going to try and do what your end goal is. And to make sure I have that right, you want the name from the BTCustomer selected on the order, the job is for. For example,

You want what the arrow points to, to appear on the Job Travler in the Ship Details area.

That correct?

Actually I think they wanted the sold to customer, but it doesn’t matter, either one would probably show me how to get it working. I attached my report files and RDL if you want to try starting with them. Its such a simple addition it shouldn’t take much of your time…

Traveler_RawMaterialComponents.rdl (264.1 KB) Traveler_Shipping_Schedule.rdl (172.5 KB) Traveler.rdl (217.6 KB) RDDJobTravSAM.zip (74.3 KB)

You’re going to kick yourself when you realize how simple it is (at least this particular goal)…

The Customer’s name is already in the RDD. No need for a new one. But it’s not in the Query expression. So just add it to the JobHead Dataset Query

And the query field for it:

Then you can insert it into your report.

and get:

This doesn’t address how to add get a field that isn’t already in the RDD, but does solve your problem.

edit

I found that the field was already in the RDD, when trying to join OrderHed to JobHead, and saw it already existed. Looking at the Calc Fields for JobHead showed:

I followed your steps, but that seems to get it in the main report and not the subreport… Is is not too hard to get it in the sub report?

I figured it out, just add a dataset and copy the relevant parts of the query from the main report to the sub report.

Or you could have added a parameter to the subreport, and just passed it that way.

1 Like

Well, I’d still like to manage to add a table some day, but I am all set for now. Many thanks for the help.

1 Like

While i’m sure you’ve heard it a thousand times. Its not this terribly difficult for on prem systems… :smiley:

Cloud based hosting for Epicor feels like coding blindfolded and with one arm tied behind your back.

1 Like