Users cocurrently logged in at the same time - how to measure?

I find that my peak usage is before and after breaks/lunch for MES Users and after Lunch for Default.

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 4:06 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Users cocurrently logged in at the same time - how to measure?

Hi Sue and Todd thanks again for your help.

What is need is to determine peak licence use, so I was hoping to run a scheduled sql query to retrieve the info. I can guess peak times and take snapshots of the usage at the time if nothing else is available.

Thanks again

Rubens

Hi is there a query I can run to determine the number of users logged in at any given time? Appreciate your help, thanks!

What version?  In Vantage 6.1 I have a Report Builder report that connects mfgsys._UserID to mfgsys.Connect  and then mfgsys.Connect to mfgsys.LicUsers.  The links would probably still work via Crystal for 8.03 or 9.x Progress. But for SQL Server based systems this might be a lot different.  In 10 I would look at the Admin Console for the specific DB.

-Todd C.

Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 7:26 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Users cocurrently logged in at the same time - how to measure?

Hi is there a query I can run to determine the number of users logged in at any given time? Appreciate your help, thanks!

Thanks Todd we are running Epicor 905.701

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <rubensjunqueiramaia@...> wrote :

Epicor 9 also has an Administration Console. You can see Sessions there; grayed out sessions are idle. Their session's tokens are available.

Sue

Thanks for the info on E9.  I’m flying blind on the “in between” versions with our going from Vantage 6.1 straight to E10 (implement not migrate).  I’ve never actually seen Vantage 8.x or E9 except for a few Epicor demos so from an Admin point I don’t know what each version (or DB flavor) has available.

-Todd C.

Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:12 AM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Users cocurrently logged in at the same time - how to measure?

Epicor 9 also has an Administration Console. You can see Sessions there; grayed out sessions are idle. Their session's tokens are available.

Sue

To add to that, if you look at the licensing screen in the Admin Console, when you open up the license, it tells you what you have, what is in use, and what is available.

www.erptechreference.com/share/files/LicenseUse.png

Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:12 AM

Sue

Hi Sue and Todd thanks again for your help.

What is need is to determine peak licence use, so I was hoping to run a scheduled sql query to retrieve the info. I can guess peak times and take snapshots of the usage at the time if nothing else is available.

Thanks again

Rubens