Vantage 8.03.409c - Printing slower all of a sudden

No, there isn't slowness outside of printing that I have noticed. I have kept a pretty close eye on the system monitor and it doesn't look like any unusual tasks have been running.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "millermw7" <millermw7@...> wrote:
>
> Sounds obvious, but have any users been running large reports? We're on 8.03.408, & we've noticed that if a Vantage user is running a large report it bogs down everything from printing to general use.
>
> Any other general slowness outside of printing would give that away.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jeppersn" <jepperson@> wrote:
> >
> > I forgot to mention... The slowness has not affected anything outside of Epicor, as far as I can tell. Microsoft Word, etc. still print normally.
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bw2868bond" <bwalker@> wrote:
> > >
> > > make sure no printers or mapped drives exist that point to non existent servers - I have seen that cause slowness......
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jeppersn" <jepperson@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Last week, our IT staff moved our printers onto a new print server. Immediately after the printers were moved over, we began to receive complaints that Epicor was printing much more slowly than normal. It seems to me that the new print server is not causing the issue, however, this all occurred IMMEDIATELY after switching to the new print server.
> > > >
> > > > Over the weekend, I implemented a new Print Queue AppServer, which slightly improved print speed, but not much.
> > > >
> > > > Our CSRs reported that, prior to the new print server, they could print a SO acknowledgement in approximately 1 second (or less). It is now taking roughly 8 seconds (was taking about 9 seconds before implementing the Print Queue AppServer).
> > > >
> > > > There are several reasons that I do not believe this is print server related:
> > > >
> > > > - Printing is now slow to network printers, as well as local printers that were are not on the print server.
> > > > - Printing is now slow even when printing reports to a PDF file.
> > > > - To troubleshoot, I uninstalled the drivers from the new print server and re-installed from the old print server, but the problem persisted.
> > > >
> > > > Any ideas to troubleshoot or speed up printing?
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
Last week, our IT staff moved our printers onto a new print server. Immediately after the printers were moved over, we began to receive complaints that Epicor was printing much more slowly than normal. It seems to me that the new print server is not causing the issue, however, this all occurred IMMEDIATELY after switching to the new print server.

Over the weekend, I implemented a new Print Queue AppServer, which slightly improved print speed, but not much.

Our CSRs reported that, prior to the new print server, they could print a SO acknowledgement in approximately 1 second (or less). It is now taking roughly 8 seconds (was taking about 9 seconds before implementing the Print Queue AppServer).

There are several reasons that I do not believe this is print server related:

- Printing is now slow to network printers, as well as local printers that were are not on the print server.
- Printing is now slow even when printing reports to a PDF file.
- To troubleshoot, I uninstalled the drivers from the new print server and re-installed from the old print server, but the problem persisted.

Any ideas to troubleshoot or speed up printing?
make sure no printers or mapped drives exist that point to non existent servers - I have seen that cause slowness......

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jeppersn" <jepperson@...> wrote:
>
> Last week, our IT staff moved our printers onto a new print server. Immediately after the printers were moved over, we began to receive complaints that Epicor was printing much more slowly than normal. It seems to me that the new print server is not causing the issue, however, this all occurred IMMEDIATELY after switching to the new print server.
>
> Over the weekend, I implemented a new Print Queue AppServer, which slightly improved print speed, but not much.
>
> Our CSRs reported that, prior to the new print server, they could print a SO acknowledgement in approximately 1 second (or less). It is now taking roughly 8 seconds (was taking about 9 seconds before implementing the Print Queue AppServer).
>
> There are several reasons that I do not believe this is print server related:
>
> - Printing is now slow to network printers, as well as local printers that were are not on the print server.
> - Printing is now slow even when printing reports to a PDF file.
> - To troubleshoot, I uninstalled the drivers from the new print server and re-installed from the old print server, but the problem persisted.
>
> Any ideas to troubleshoot or speed up printing?
>
I forgot to mention... The slowness has not affected anything outside of Epicor, as far as I can tell. Microsoft Word, etc. still print normally.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bw2868bond" <bwalker@...> wrote:
>
> make sure no printers or mapped drives exist that point to non existent servers - I have seen that cause slowness......
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jeppersn" <jepperson@> wrote:
> >
> > Last week, our IT staff moved our printers onto a new print server. Immediately after the printers were moved over, we began to receive complaints that Epicor was printing much more slowly than normal. It seems to me that the new print server is not causing the issue, however, this all occurred IMMEDIATELY after switching to the new print server.
> >
> > Over the weekend, I implemented a new Print Queue AppServer, which slightly improved print speed, but not much.
> >
> > Our CSRs reported that, prior to the new print server, they could print a SO acknowledgement in approximately 1 second (or less). It is now taking roughly 8 seconds (was taking about 9 seconds before implementing the Print Queue AppServer).
> >
> > There are several reasons that I do not believe this is print server related:
> >
> > - Printing is now slow to network printers, as well as local printers that were are not on the print server.
> > - Printing is now slow even when printing reports to a PDF file.
> > - To troubleshoot, I uninstalled the drivers from the new print server and re-installed from the old print server, but the problem persisted.
> >
> > Any ideas to troubleshoot or speed up printing?
> >
>
Sounds obvious, but have any users been running large reports? We're on 8.03.408, & we've noticed that if a Vantage user is running a large report it bogs down everything from printing to general use.

Any other general slowness outside of printing would give that away.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jeppersn" <jepperson@...> wrote:
>
> I forgot to mention... The slowness has not affected anything outside of Epicor, as far as I can tell. Microsoft Word, etc. still print normally.
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bw2868bond" <bwalker@> wrote:
> >
> > make sure no printers or mapped drives exist that point to non existent servers - I have seen that cause slowness......
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jeppersn" <jepperson@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Last week, our IT staff moved our printers onto a new print server. Immediately after the printers were moved over, we began to receive complaints that Epicor was printing much more slowly than normal. It seems to me that the new print server is not causing the issue, however, this all occurred IMMEDIATELY after switching to the new print server.
> > >
> > > Over the weekend, I implemented a new Print Queue AppServer, which slightly improved print speed, but not much.
> > >
> > > Our CSRs reported that, prior to the new print server, they could print a SO acknowledgement in approximately 1 second (or less). It is now taking roughly 8 seconds (was taking about 9 seconds before implementing the Print Queue AppServer).
> > >
> > > There are several reasons that I do not believe this is print server related:
> > >
> > > - Printing is now slow to network printers, as well as local printers that were are not on the print server.
> > > - Printing is now slow even when printing reports to a PDF file.
> > > - To troubleshoot, I uninstalled the drivers from the new print server and re-installed from the old print server, but the problem persisted.
> > >
> > > Any ideas to troubleshoot or speed up printing?
> > >
> >
>