Vantage - Customer Contact Name

We are actually on 9.04.503B.

If you are in Custom Maintenance and go to the Contact tab, if you type in a first name and last name in the name field, then save, the first and last name automatically fill in the First Name and Last Name fields on the Name Detail tab.

However, if you are in quote or order enrty and you right click on the contact name field and Open With > Customer Contact Entry, you can type in the first name and last name in the name field, and save. However, when you go back to the Customer Maintenance screen > Contact > Name Details, all fields are totally blank.

If you add a name in Customer Contact Entry in your version, does it automatically populate the First Name and Last Name fields when you check back in Customer Maintenance > Contact > Name Detail?

Which version are you running?

Thanks.

Sent: Friday, 7 August, 2009 22:29:48
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Vantage - Customer Contact Name

Â
What version are you running? (Sounds like a bug.)

____________ _________ _________ __
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2009 10:46:34 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Vantage - Customer Contact Name

Â
Hi All,

I have a requirement to re-create the following in a different part of Vantage.

If you are in customer maintenance and you add a contact, on the Contacts > Detail tab, you can type the name of your conact i.e. Bill Gates. When you save this automatically updated the Name Detail tab and puts Bill in the 'first name' field and 'Gates' in the last name field.

However, if you are in a Quote or Order Entry screen and right click the contact name field then choose Customer Contact Entry, you only have the option to put the Name.

If you enter the Name in here, there check the Name Detail tab on the Customer Maintenance page, you will see that the names hasn't been split and entered correctly into the First Name and Last Name fields, which means you have to manually type them in.

What I want to do is add a Name Detail tab to the Customer Contact Entry screen and have it so when a user types in the full name (first name and last name) it auto-populates the First Name and Last Name fields on the newly created tab.

Sounds fairly easy, but I have no idea where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

CHRIS THOMPSON

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Hi All,

If you are in customer maintenance and you add a contact, on the Contacts > Detail tab, you can type the name of your conact i.e. Bill Gates. When you save this automatically updated the Name Detail tab and puts Bill in the 'first name' field and 'Gates' in the last name field.

However, if you are in a Quote or Order Entry screen and right click the contact name field then choose Customer Contact Entry, you only have the option to put the Name.

If you enter the Name in here, there check the Name Detail tab on the Customer Maintenance page, you will see that the names hasn't been split and entered correctly into the First Name and Last Name fields, which means you have to manually type them in.

What I want to do is add a Name Detail tab to the Customer Contact Entry screen and have it so when a user types in the full name (first name and last name) it auto-populates the First Name and Last Name fields on the newly created tab.

Sounds fairly easy, but I have no idea where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

CHRIS THOMPSON

What version are you running? (Sounds like a bug.)

Sent: Friday, August 7, 2009 10:46:34 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Vantage - Customer Contact Name

Â
Hi All,

Thanks,

CHRIS THOMPSON