Vantage - Prevent Record Deletion

That works perfectly!  I tried using an exception in 4gl code as I wanted to just run it if the record had been used but although the exception flashed up the record still deleted.  This will work fine though :)

I have been having a look through some old posts to try and find the best way to prevent users deleting records on a UD table that I'm using to populate an UltraCombo on Customer Shipment.  It seems that the safest way is by using Security settings but I'm not exactly sure how it all links in... is via BPM?  Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Just go to security maintenance and there you can do process security and or field security. You can also do a BPM with a condition ofÂ
There is at least 1 DELETE ROWÂ
Action -> Raise Exceptoin

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 6:51 AM, tracy.smith@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p><span></span></p>I have been having a look through some old posts to try and find the best way to prevent users deleting records on a UD table that I&#39;m using to populate an UltraCombo on Customer Shipment.  It seems that the safest way is by using Security settings but I&#39;m not exactly sure how it all links in... is via BPM?  Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.  Thanks.<p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>