Visual Studio 2017-2019 (Community, Professional, Enterprise and Standard) Extension for Epicor 10 Customization

I don’t know if this helps but this is from event viewer on my machine:

PerfWatson2 (3844,D,12) ContextReaderWriter db944be4472c434797f456b4bae177c93844_637184334140270072: The database format feature version 9080 (0x2378) could not be used due to the current database format 1568.20.0, controlled by the parameter 0x410022D8 (8920 | JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat).

Hi jose, sorry Im still new to this tool but is really fantastic which Im looking for this long time.
from my site I just try today and i only able to get this as follow:
but how to get this the new tools

i saw the link but i dont know how to install, do you have any video for reference?
Thanks!

You need to download the library files and put them in your Epicor folder.

1 Like

Hi Jose, thanks may I have the latest library file download link?
I use 10.2.400

It’s on the Extension Page.

Thanks jose!
I has try today when I click the ToolBox my VS 2019 auto exit, and dont know what is going on, i able to load the customization from my 10.2.40.18
I’m just not able to lunch the Toolbox.

Any Idea?

Added support for 10.2.600

https://josecgomez.com/files/CustomizationHelper.10.2.600.X.zip?0.43.0

5 Likes

Hi Jose,
Sorry i just noticed i use the wrong version of VS and I just download the VS Code and follow the full instruction and all step again.
When come to the end I try to lunch the Epicor ToolBox I hit the following error in my VS Code.

Command ‘Epicor Customization (TOOLBOX)’ resulted in an error (command ‘extension.launchwitht’ not found)

Any Idea please?

1 Like

Vincent I’m confused are you using Visual Studio or VS Code? I recommend you use Visual Studio.

Hi Jose, actually I has try both, for Visual Studio I able to run the Customization tool, just when I hit the Tool button my Visual Studio is blackout and automatically restart again, I able to call out my code without any issue, just when hit the tools button then my VS been restart.

What kind of customization is it? To what screen

Hi Jose,
for example i has load my Epicor screen customization as follow in my visual studio, and i would like to click the ToolBox button from next which cause an issue.

and i has load my code through Customization Open button, just would like to see is any change to allow me to debug by using ToolBox button

1 Like

Can you send me th me log it generates?

Thank you for creating this extension, looks fabulous.

I am having some issues with uploading code for seemingly random customizations. After some digging I think it has to do with the Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject calls located in EpicorTWControl.xaml.cs when it’s parsing the CustomizationInfo.json file. In my particular case the Version field is a value of 6479548074, and the VSExtension.CustomizationClass.Version field is an Int32.

Attaching the debugger shows the following:

Exception thrown: 'Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException' in Newtonsoft.Json.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException' occurred in Newtonsoft.Json.dll
JSON integer 6479548074 is too large or small for an Int32. Path 'Version', line 1, position 934.

It’s a bit obfuscated in the Event Viewer though, showing as this:

Application: devenv.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseReadNumber(Newtonsoft.Json.ReadType, Char, Int32)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseNumber(Newtonsoft.Json.ReadType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadNumberValue(Newtonsoft.Json.ReadType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadAsInt32()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract, Boolean)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(System.Object, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, System.String)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader, System.Type, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, System.Object)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader, System.Type, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty, System.Object)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader, System.Type, Boolean)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader, System.Type)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(System.String, System.Type, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.String, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings)
   at VSExtension.EpicorTWControl.<BtnUpdate_Click>b__18_0()

I apologize for not just submitting a pull request but I can’t quite seem to get the epicor-editor-helper project to build on my computer.

1 Like

No problem
Can you open an issue and I’ll take care of it asap

Just a heads up
Released a new version of the helper libraries which take care of a few issues that were opened at Github

Helper libraries can be found here for each MAJOR version of Epicor from 1.1.500+

10.2.600.X

10.2.500.X

10.2.400.X

10.2.300.X

10.2.200.X

10.2.100.X

10.1.600.X

10.1.500.X

3 Likes

Can you add support for 10.700.X please?

Yeah will do

This should of said 10.2.700.X

May I ask what the status of this is: Being able to use visual studio comes in very handy.