What is the name of the Quote Adapter?

Greetings,

I'm trying to add the Unit Price column to the Quotes grid in Customer Tracker.  I was able to add the column, but now I need to hook the data.  I'm following a solution that was previously provided to allow me access to the CustIC table in the Customer Tracker, which was not normally available.  I've followed the same steps and have add the Quote Adapter reference, but it's barfing on the line where I am trying to add the Quote adapter to oTrans.  Any guidance is greatly appreciated, since this stops me in my tracks.  Thank you!

This is the example I followed :
indent preformatted text by 4 spaces
if( oTrans.EpiDataViews[“CustIC”] == null )
{
dtCustIC =
oTrans.CustomerAdapter.CustomerData.CustIC;
edvCustIC = new EpiDataView();
edvCustIC.dataView = dtCustIC.DefaultView;
oTrans.EpiDataViews.Add(“CustIC”,edvCustIC);
this.edvCustIC.SetParentView((EpiDataView)oTrans.EpiDataViews [“Customer”],“CustNum”,“CustNum”,"-");
}

This is what I’ve been trying:

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces
if( oTrans.EpiDataViews["QuoteDtl"] == null )
   {
     MessageBox.Show("QuoteDtl is null!");    /* It is NULL on initialization, BTW */
     dtQuote = oTrans.Erp_Adapters_Quote;  /*  I know this is wrong, but I've tried QuoteAdapter, and other combinations and it still gives me errors.  
   }
   else
     MessageBox.Show("QuoteDtl is NOT null!");

External adapters won’t use the oTrans object. Instead (if you use a wizard to add them) it will be something like adapterQuote, adapterCustomer, or adapterSalesOrder.

1 Like

Thanks your for that helpful information. This is the problem I’m trying to solve;. On the Customer Tracker, Details tab, I need to add a column, OrderDtl.UnitQty.

This column isn’t available normally. So I did create a new column, but now I have to populate it with relevant data. It sounds easier than it looks. Any advice or guidance? It is rather urgent. Thanks

Thanks your for that helpful information. This is the problem I’m trying to solve;. On the Customer Tracker, Details tab, I need to add a column, OrderDtl.UnitQty.
This column isn’t available normally. So I did create a new column, but now I have to populate it with relevant data. It sounds easier than it looks. Any advice or guidance? It is rather urgent. Thanks!

2 options:

1. Hijack an unused field and use a BPM to repopulate the value and a customization to rename the field (simplest)
  2. Create a new BAQView for the data you need

Both of these options are well documented on this

Thank you for that info. I modified my code to use the publisher to replace the grid with my BAQ. However, Im running into an issue trying to “hijack” the “Retrieve” button that appears over the grid. The original epiBinding says “Customer.QuoteActRefreshButton” (if anyone can explain what that means, since I can’t find any reference to “QuoteActRefreshButton”). The query use the Customer.Custnumber as its key field. I’ve tried adding a new button to the tab “Lines” in “Customer Tracker”, but I get errors saying that they are on another layer and have to adjust my custom code. Not sure what that means. I know that I have my BAQ correct and the publishing code checks out. Any help? Thanks!

The route you are taking may mean you need to redo logic. You may have to hide that button and make a new one to do your work. You can call the old button’s OnClick() event at the end too.

Is there a better route? When I tried creating my own button on the page, that’s when I would get the errors about a control on another layer. I tried hijacking the on “On Click” event to run my custom code, but that doesn’t return anything. I’m most curious to know why my control additions aren’r saving in the first place. Thanks!