Why are there entries in the material queue manager

We have the Advanced Material Management module (AMM) but I didn’t think it was in use. We went live in DEC '20 and there are 5,654 entries

Only came across this when trying to inactivate a part.

Just wondering why stuff is getting in there as no member of staff is monitoring this to clear out

when people complete an operation there is a checkbox to request move… that checkbox defaults to TRUE unless you have set the resources to AUTO MOVE. if there is a request to move, it automatically loads to Queue…
if Auto move is turned TRUE, then it will automatically move the job without a queue entry being created.

Thanks Tim but we are just using Epicor to ship parts so standard SO to ship stock i.e. no jobs.

Matt, If any of the checkboxes for Request Move are checked, it creates an entry into the Material Queue. There are several places that checkbox is found. Inspection Processing, DMR Processing, RMA Processing (Receipts tab), and RMA Disposition Entry to name a few. The checkboxes are automatically checked creating a Material Move Request. I go in and clear it out when I remember because no one here has a use for it but we do use Advanced Material Management for other things.

@Matt_Belshaw

Thanks for the info Beth but our security means that staff can currently do entries for a SO, Pack, PO or receipt. We do have some staff accessing RMA/DMR but the number processed so far does not match the 5,654 above.

There are other areas that have that checkbox, too. It is also on Nonconformance Entry. Are you using the Quality Assurance modules?

One of the columns in the material queue manager should be TranType. That will tell you what type of transactions they are related to so you can better investigate where they are coming from.

Thanks Andrew. They are all PUR-STK.

That means they are coming from the PO receiving process. Under site configuration you setup your default receiving bin. That is where the inventory goes when received. There is then a PUR-STK transaction that hits the material queue to move the inventory from the default receiving bin to the primary bin setup for the part received.

Thanks Andrew.

Follow up question:

Our receiver uses the Container Landed Cost program and indicates what bin the goods are being put into before processing the receipt (ie the goods are not going into the bin defined as the default receiving bin in Site Configuration). If the bin they were received into is not the primary bin, Epicor creates a Move Request in the Material Queue to move the goods into the primary bin, which is not needed.

Is there a way to prevent this behaviour?

Can we set up PO receiving to “Auto Move” as well? Or will it always have to go through the default receiving bin setup in the site config, and require a material move through the request queue.

I’m in 2021.2 currently and there is a button off to the right on Receipt Entry called To Location. That appears to force the transaction to be received into the destination without a material queue. I’m not sure how it picks the destination but I’m guessing it’s the primary bin location or QC Inspection if the box is checked.

That’s correct. ‘To Location’ will automatically receive the part to the Primary Bin set. ‘Get All’ will also populate quantities based on what’s been inputted for that line on the PO.