WIP Shipments - 803.406

In this case the material issued was about 40% higher than was called for on the BOM. I guess the thing I have not been able to figure out is the calculation to credit the portion of material that should go to COS for a job that stays open for a prolonged period of time. I can see the costs  for the material on the production detail report but cant reconcile to what the COS for the material should be for the period based on what was invoiced/shipped for that period

Sent: Monday, July 2, 2012 9:42 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: WIP Shipments - 803.406

Â
Have you issued enough material for 7000 or 2500? We have issues with it calculating labor and burden incorrectly, but it ussualy gets the material and subcontract correct on partial shipments.

--- In mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@...> wrote:
>
> In trying to reconcile WIP shipments for a single job where we have a job quantity of 7,000, have produced 2,500 to date, and shipped and invoiced 2,500 to date. The percentage of material costs based on the items shipped and invoiced to date is a lot less than expected for each shipment (using the AR Clearing account) and most of the material costs are still in WIP.
> Â
> I know there have been quite a few discussions on this over the years, trying to figure out how the calculation should work or, is there something in 803.406 that was not reporting correctly?
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
In trying to reconcile WIP shipments for a single job where we have a job quantity of 7,000, have produced 2,500 to date, and shipped and invoiced 2,500 to date. The percentage of material costs based on the items shipped and invoiced to date is a lot less than expected for each shipment (using the AR Clearing account) and most of the material costs are still in WIP.
Â
I know there have been quite a few discussions on this over the years, trying to figure out how the calculation should work or, is there something in 803.406 that was not reporting correctly?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Have you issued enough material for 7000 or 2500? We have issues with it calculating labor and burden incorrectly, but it ussualy gets the material and subcontract correct on partial shipments.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@...> wrote:
>
> In trying to reconcile WIP shipments for a single job where we have a job quantity of 7,000, have produced 2,500 to date, and shipped and invoiced 2,500 to date. The percentage of material costs based on the items shipped and invoiced to date is a lot less than expected for each shipment (using the AR Clearing account) and most of the material costs are still in WIP.
> Â
> I know there have been quite a few discussions on this over the years, trying to figure out how the calculation should work or, is there something in 803.406 that was not reporting correctly?
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>