Write off not showing on Edit list neither Posting on GL

Hi folks we just upgrade to Epicor 10.2.700 and i check all the company configuration setup for write off and everything is great but when i create a cash receipt for an invoice i check write off and enter the GL account when i try to print the edit list the transaction is not there and i try posting it and is not in that chart of account either.

Allow Negative Write Offs: true
Maximum Amount per Invoice: 500
i tried a write off for: -200

Sounds like it is a debit and credit to the same GL account.

If I’m wrong, you can try the PE Log Viewer if you need the raw details of what’s going wrong.

My understanding was that edit list should have 3 transactions in the gl ar vs cash and the gl for the write off. but i am just getting 2 transaction the write off transaction is not showing any where. for example the invoice is for 25 and the payment for 45 and write off for 20 when i check the transactions detail i have only 2 transactions the write off is nowhere. I am probably not understanding your answer but just providing more information in case i didnt explain it right in my post above

Sure, but it’s an Epicor rule: when the debit and credit are for the same account, no GL transaction happens. It may or may not be written anywhere, but it’s just one of those things.

So how can i fix it? how can i show the Write off transaction?

Does the edit list not balance?

What @JasonMcD is saying that if the credits and debits to one acct are equal, they wont show. They won’t even appear in the GL. Take the following transactions:

Description       Amount   DB Acct | CR Acct
ISSUE STK to MFG    $100      1205 | 1200
PO RCPT to MFG       $20      1205 | 1301
RCV FG from MFG     $120      1201 | 1205

In the above, Acct 1200 is Inventory, 1201 is Finished Goods, 1205 is WIP, 1301 Accrued Rcpts

So by account, the trans are:

GL Acct  DB Amt CR Amt
1200       ---    $100
1201      $120     ---
1205      $120    $120     <- this means no GL tran to Acct 1205
1301       ---     $20
=========================
Totals    $240    $240

The posting engine won’t create the trans for Acct 1205, because its DB = its CR.

1 Like

Agreed. Sorry my earlier answers were rather short. It’s been a busy few days.

But right, we are just guessing here without more specifics, and the thing that @ckrusen described is the most common reason for a line not showing. I’ve been bit by that several times.

Fundamentally, you should be able to track this down using the “Epicor ERP Accounts Receivable
Transaction Hierarchy” guide.

But failing that, use the PE Log viewer. I’d start with the guide as the PE Log Viewer is not simple. It’s powerful and a lifesaver, but it’s not simple.

1 Like