10.2.300 Configurator Not Responding

Has anyone else who uses the configurators noticed the configurators in 10.2.300 seem to go into a ‘Not Responding’ state while typing in code. It seems to happen fairly regularly and takes a few minutes to clear up and continue. In the handful of day’s that I’ve had the environment to play in it’s happened maybe 15ish times and once I needed to force close the instance and restart Epicor.

2 Likes

Yes I have. I’ve take to entering code into VS Code and pasting it into the code window. It appears to be trying to do some “intellisense” type of actions but it ends up going to the blue circle of death. Are you on-prem or cloud?

Mark W.

on prem, 10.2.300.12

I am all for more intellisense but this is miserable, it lastly happened when I tried to do a Convert.ToString(), which I wouldn’t think would require too much to intellisense.

We’re Public Cloud - 10.2.300.12 as well. Should we both report it or tag team on one ticket?

Mark W.

1 Like

two tickets means it’s twice as likely to get addressed?

Nah, but two companies helps! Tell you what, if you file the first one, send me the case number and I’ll add a second one referencing yours. (Or the other way around)

Thanks!!!

Mark W.

1 Like

Mark,

E10 doesn’t seem to let me send you a personal message. Either way my case number is the following: CS0001440212

-Max

1 Like

I have also been having this issue. Not on public cloud yet, still the old MT Cloud.

I got a reply to my support case:

This is a known issue and is going to be fixed in version 10.2.300.15 by ERPS-108625. I have linked this case to the problem record so you will be notified of any changes to the target version but at this point expect it to be available in 10.2.300.15 so upgrading to that version once available will clear the issue.

The work around for this issue is to paste code into the expression editor that contains a period.

1 Like

This is what I’m doing for now. Thanks for filing the case!!! 10.2.15 should be out by May.

1 Like

Can you write even the simplest code in C#, that doesn’t include a period?

1 Like

I think you can do it but nothing that would have any benefit to the configurator, You can’t touch inputs, or play with data on the server. You can play with variables created in the same code instance that you are in and I think that’s about it.