9.05 Dashboard Grid view word-wrap?

Exiting the customization and reloading it is required. 
Also make sure to load the customization using developer mode while you are testing it.  
Make sure your grid ID is correct.
Obviously hitting refresh is required.
Not too sure what else could be wrong.

Did you add this to the top of your customization?  Probably, since it wouldn't be compiling otherwise.
using Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid;

In a dashboard grid view - is there any way to make the row height bigger and wrap the test of a comments field?

For example if we are displaying job# and job comments in a grid view, and we would like to see multiple lines of the job comments in the grid view - is this possible?  I cannot figure it out.

Thanks,
Sarah

Thanks for the reply Don. I cannot figure out how to customize the grid view. I am able to do this in the tracker view without a problem, but I can't even figure out how to get into customization for the grid view. Is there a trick to doing that?
Sorry, I just deleted my comment not knowing you meant inside a dashboard.  I've never done this myself but what about running the dashboard in developer mode and saving it?
Thanks, Yes I am in developer mode and there does not seem to be anyway to customize it. Maybe it just can't be done (or at least can't be done easily I should say...)

I meant Epicor's developer mode and open the deployed dashboard.  I can try it now and let you know.
Nope, it works but resets as soon as I reload the customization.  Sorry.
Thanks so much for testing it out - appreciate it.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:19 PM, don.n.doan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>Nope, it works but resets as soon as I reload the customization.  Sorry.</p>

</div>

<div style="color:rgb(255,255,255);min-height:0px;"></div>

--

Sarah Vareschi ▪ Systems ManagerÂ

Â

NyproMold, Inc.

144 Pleasant St, Clinton, MA 01510 ▪ www.nypromold.com Â

D 978.368.4718Â â–ª F 978.365.4548

Â

Â

Â

This e-mail may contain information which is
confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this e-mail is prohibited. In the event of any error in
transmission, unauthorized recipients are requested to contact the sender
immediately and not to disclose or make use of this information. No
employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of
NyproMold with another party by email without express written confirmation by
NyproMold Offices.

P Please consider the environmental impact of
printing this e-mail.

It was bugging me..

I customized the dashboard.  Added the customization to the menu maintenance dashboard.  

EpiUltraGrid eg = (EpiUltraGrid)csm.GetNativeControlReference("*************************");
eg.DisplayLayout.Override.CellMultiLine = Infragistics.Win.DefaultableBoolean.True;
eg.DisplayLayout.Override.RowSizing = RowSizing.AutoFree;

I loaded that into an event..  i just tried on list change, it worked well but maybe you can think of something better.

******* = epiguid control.
Thanks so much again for taking the time. Could you tell me where in the script editor you put this code? I tried adding it t the form load event and it I get a compile error "The name 'RowSizing' does not exist in the current context"  I am just really unfamiliar with the coding. Thanks again.

oh sorry I see that you said on list change, let me try that. You can tell my greenness with the coding!

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Sarah Vareschi <sarah.vareschi@...> wrote:
Thanks so much again for taking the time. Could you tell me where in the script editor you put this code? I tried adding it t the form load event and it I get a compile error "The name 'RowSizing' does not exist in the current context"  I am just really unfamiliar with the coding. Thanks again.

--

Â

NyproMold, Inc.

Â

Â

Â

confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this e-mail is prohibited. In the event of any error in
transmission, unauthorized recipients are requested to contact the sender
immediately and not to disclose or make use of this information. No
employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of
NyproMold with another party by email without express written confirmation by
NyproMold Offices.

P Please consider the environmental impact of
printing this e-mail.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me. I cannot get this working it is driving me insane. It compiles, but it does not wrap the text. Any idea what I am doing wrong? This is the full code it added using the vent wizard with the custom code is below - the last 3 lines are the only thing I entered the rest the wizard did:

public class Script
{
 // ** Wizard Insert Location - Do Not Remove 'Begin/End Wizard Added Module Level Variables' Comments! **
 // Begin Wizard Added Module Level Variables **
 private DataView V_CLI_MMACH_1View_DataView;
 // End Wizard Added Module Level Variables **
 // Add Custom Module Level Variables Here **
 public void InitializeCustomCode()
 {
  // ** Wizard Insert Location - Do not delete 'Begin/End Wizard Added Variable Initialization' lines **
  // Begin Wizard Added Variable Initialization
  this.V_CLI_MMACH_1View_DataView = this.V_CLI_MMACH_1View_Row.dataView;
  this.V_CLI_MMACH_1View_DataView.ListChanged += new ListChangedEventHandler(this.V_CLI_MMACH_1View_DataView_ListChanged);
  // End Wizard Added Variable Initialization
  // Begin Wizard Added Custom Method Calls
  // End Wizard Added Custom Method Calls
 }
 public void DestroyCustomCode()
 {
  // ** Wizard Insert Location - Do not delete 'Begin/End Wizard Added Object Disposal' lines **
  // Begin Wizard Added Object Disposal
  this.V_CLI_MMACH_1View_DataView.ListChanged -= new ListChangedEventHandler(this.V_CLI_MMACH_1View_DataView_ListChanged);
  this.V_CLI_MMACH_1View_DataView = null;
  // End Wizard Added Object Disposal
  // Begin Custom Code Disposal
  // End Custom Code Disposal
 }
 private void V_CLI_MMACH_1View_DataView_ListChanged(object sender, ListChangedEventArgs args)
 {
  // ** Argument Properties and Uses **
  // V_CLI_MMACH_1View_DataView[0]["FieldName"]
  // args.ListChangedType, args.NewIndex, args.OldIndex
  // ListChangedType.ItemAdded, ListChangedType.ItemChanged, ListChangedType.ItemDeleted, ListChangedType.ItemMoved, ListChangedType.Reset
  // Add Event Handler Code
  EpiUltraGrid eg = (EpiUltraGrid)csm.GetNativeControlReference("06b43e9b-dc68-41b6-b3df-72cbc8ffb7c6");
  eg.DisplayLayout.Override.CellMultiLine = Infragistics.Win.DefaultableBoolean.True;
  eg.DisplayLayout.Override.RowSizing = RowSizing.AutoFree;
 }
}

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 5:07 PM, don.n.doan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>It was bugging me..<div><br></div><div>I customized the dashboard.  Added the customization to the menu maintenance dashboard.  </div><div><br></div><div><div><span style="white-space:pre-wrap;">		</span>EpiUltraGrid eg = (EpiUltraGrid)csm.GetNativeControlReference(&quot;*************************&quot;);</div><div><span style="white-space:pre-wrap;">		</span>eg.DisplayLayout.Override.CellMultiLine = Infragistics.Win.DefaultableBoolean.True;</div><div><span style="white-space:pre-wrap;">		</span>eg.DisplayLayout.Override.RowSizing = RowSizing.AutoFree;</div><div><br></div></div><div>I loaded that into an event..  i just tried on list change, it worked well but maybe you can think of something better.</div><div><br></div><div>******* = epiguid control.</div><p></p>

<p></p><p></p></div>

<div style="color:rgb(255,255,255);min-height:0px;"></div>

--

Â

NyproMold, Inc.

Â

Â

Â