Active Home Page and EDD questions

Working on an install of 10.2.600 and seems the direction of Epicor is Active Home Page, but wanted to rant a bit and see if others have the same issues.

EDD
I deployed an EDD instance with this install but none of the EDD tiles are working and shows “Data Discovery is not currently online”. I have a hunch this is due to DNS settings given that the SSL domain name associated with the default website in IIS is a wildcard cert.
Deployment settings:

Active Home Page:

I played around with the idea of starting a separate website for EDD but I think I’ll run into issues with port bindings if I do that.
I’m assuming I’ll need to make a DNS change for this to work? I’m a little wary of changing out the SSL cert for the default website, but that might be the other way to fix.

Active Home Page
We’ve used shell for a long time, so I might just be a grumpy old man with this Active Homepage approach.
It seems to me to be slower to start than shell view, taking a bit longer than shell view to start the home page.

When it does decide to start, I’m not noticing a way to change the background to a dark theme like I have in the shell view:
Active (all backgrounds are bright white):

Shell (all backgrounds are dark):

I’ve played with the “appearance” settings in active homepage but it seems to only effect forms, not the actual interface.

When I save the preset color palette with the “Save settings for this company only” it does nothing.

In the shell view, the same thing I just did changes the background and tile colors instantly.

Is this a case of working out some kinks with this new approach or am I doing something wrong?

Aaron,
We are having the same color scheme issue as you are, but we’re in 10.2.500. If you find a way to change it please share.
Thanks!
Jenn

Hey Jenn

No luck yet. I moved it back to Shell until I can figure this one out. It seems buggy to me…

Hi Aaron,

You cant actually change the colour of the Active Homepage, it is just stuck to White.

I wouldnt be surprised if Epicor add an option to possibly change this in the future but for now, you have got to stick with the White Background if you use Active Homepage

Many Thanks

Ben

1 Like

Well poo, that’s not what I was hoping for. But, good to know. thank you!

@Aaron_Moreng
@Burnsb1990

@bconner Hi Brian: Just checking on this topic as I haven’t seen an option to change this with upcoming E11. Any chance Epicor will be giving an option to get rid of the blinding white background of Active Home Page? I have a color blind end user who told me he cannot use Active Home Page because the bright white background will make him totally blind! :rofl:

1 Like