Adding a Dashboard to an Entry Screen

Hi everyone,
I am trying to add a dashboard to our Job Receipt to inventory screen. I have read all the threads but I’m not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have a Dashboard Browse filter on my dashboard set (PartTran.JobNum).

I used the Wizard to add the new sheet - Dashboard Panel, Subscribe to UI Data (Include Retrieve Button), DataView - PartTran.JobNum (there is also JobNum2 but I get the same results)

The reteive button is on the tab but it auto retreives the information anyway. I also get a pop up that says “Warning- Embedded Dashboard invoked as a Subscriber, but there is no Filter defined for the Published columns. Please notify system administrator.”

I am stumped as to where I went wrong :frowning:

Thanks
Melissa

It seems I recall Norman Hutchins had a similar problem, maybe search for
recent posts by him to see if he ever solved it.

I’ve got the same problem. It worked in 10.0, but I can’t get it to work in 10.1. Anybody have a solution?

I got it working now. I removed and re-added the dashboard browse in the dashboard. I don’t know why it worked, but it did.

2 Likes

I’m hitting this wall now in 10.1.

I’ve tried rebuilding the browse filter on the Dashboard but still no go. Anyone have ideas what to try?

Application Error

Error Detail

Message: Warning- Embedded Dashboard invoked as a Subscriber, but there is no Filter defined for the Published columns. Please notify system administrator.
Program:
Method:

Unfortunately I have never solved this problem. I had to add the dashboard I was trying to embed as an option in the context menu. Good luck :slight_smile:
Melissa

Yeah, it’s really weird. I’ve set the Dashboard filter & Form just like it was in E10.0.

I used @josecgomez BAQDataView trick to add the data as it was just a grid for our needs.

1 Like

Late reply, but here’s how I generally go about this process in case you’re still looking for a solution:

1. I add a tracker view to the dashboard with the criteria field added that will match the key field (PartTran.JobNum & PartTran.PartNum in your situation). Make sure the “Visible” and “Prompt” fields are checked off in the popup menu when selecting which fields you would like utilized in the Tracker View.

2. While utilizing the “Customization” function on the “Job Receipt to inventory” form, go to the following tab on the “Customization Tools Dialog” popup: Wizards > Sheet Wizard

3. Go through the steps of adding a new tab: Select “New Custom Sheet”, fill in the Name/Text/Tab Text fields, and then press the “Add Dashboard” button.

4. Stay on the “Dashboard Panel” tab, enter the needed “Dashboard ID”, check off the two checkboxes, and select Next.

5. Check off the first option, "Subscribe to UI data (auto Retrieve on Publication), and select Next,

6. Check off the correct “DataView”/“DataColumn” combination (PartTran // JobNum && PartTran // PartNum) and press the “Add Subscribe Column”.
    NOTE: If anything other than “JobHead.JobNum” followed by “Part.PartNum” appears in the bottom grid after selecting “Add Subscribe Column”, refer to step 8.

7. Press “Finish” and select the right arrow to move the new tab over to the "“Custom Sheet” section. And now it should (hopefully) work for you.

8. If you are having a problem where you’re not seeing the bottom grid say what’s described in step 7 after selecting the “Add Subscribe Column”, you might need to open the “Extended Properties” menu item and go to the “PartTran” table. From here, go to the “JobNum”/“PartNum” fields and remove any possible values in the “Like” text box. (You should be fine adding back whatever was in that field after you complete this entire process)

1 Like

I’ll add a complication to this thread if y’all don’t mind. While I can get this to work using a regular BAQ, I’ve stumped Epicor support when trying to do this with an External BAQ. We’ve been through all the combinations of runtime/deployed DBs, filters on the DB/Query/Tracker view levels, etc. that we can think of. I’m pretty sure we’ve been through ever iteration but there are so many to track.

I’ve got another server/database processing data related to Epicor Quotes (Company/QuoteNum/QuoteLine) and I’d like to display the results in the Quote Entry/Tracker screens when a quote is retrieved.

What it comes down to (I think) is like Kevin mentions in Step # 6 - the External BAQ displayed columns are aliased and are without a ‘like’ link, so they will never match up to the selected columns for the embedded dashboard ‘subscribe’ columns.

I’ve even tried the Field Attributes editor in the External BAQ since it has a way to override the ‘like’ value…

Perhaps I missed something, but I thought I’d see if anyone else has an idea.

You can add the LIKE links to the View using a BAQVIew for the External BAQ>

Jose - appreciate the info, thank you!

I’m not familiar with how to do the LIKE values on a BAQView - if you could give me a simple example that would certainly give me something to chew on. I would still like to know how to get around this limitation. I got a SOLID “No Can Do” from Epicor Support/Dev regarding External Baq’s as the source for embedded dashboards - primarily because of the lack of ‘like’ functionality.

I’ve see your video & code about using a BAQView to subscribe to an oTrans publisher (Your PO Buyer Grid example) and I have to assume it’s an extension of the principle idea found in the code on this topic: BAQView Replacing a Grid Binding (Multiple columns) - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum

As always - many ways to do the same thing. If I’m just going to drop the simple result set on a grid control, then I really don’t need the embedded dashboard any longer - unless the dashboard is bringing along more customizations and the like. In our case it’s simple data, so I solved the problem using a Dynamic Query Adapter (using my External BAQ) as the DataSource for a new Grid Control. Like this (credit to someone else who I cannot recall at the moment):

DynamicQueryAdapter dqa = new DynamicQueryAdapter(oTrans);
dqa.BOConnect();
QueryExecutionDataSet qeds = dqa.GetQueryExecutionParametersByID("ExternalQueryThatHasParamsDefined");
qeds.ExecutionParameter.Clear();
qeds.ExecutionParameter.AddExecutionParameterRow("QuoteNumber", edvQuoteHed.dataView[0]["Quotenum"].ToString(), "nvarchar", false, Guid.NewGuid(),"A");
dqa.ExecuteByID("ExternalQueryThatHasParamsDefined",qeds);
ugConfigData.DataSource = dqa.QueryResults.Tables["Results"];
dqa = null;
qeds = null;
2 Likes

Hi Team

Trying to do something similar with the Quote Entry screen

However I keep getting the error

Warning- Embedded Dashboard invoked as a Subscriber, but there is no Filter defined for the Published columns. Please notify system administrator.

I have defined the published columns and inputted the filter to them from the drop down
I was hoping just to use the QuoteNum and QuoteLine as the only key, as I want to have a list of all the materials in that Mfg Details for that Quote Line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This video helped me get past the subscriber error message.

1 Like