Adding buttons?

So I want a “Bail out” button that drops a document into a different workflow (in this case create an invoice header and ignore the lines). I can do the workflow/assign workflow, but I would really like to add a button that just does that. Is it possible to add other options on the workflow screen?

I haven’t looked through the help yet, so that’s my next stop, but if someone has an easy answer here, that would be cool too.

ECM Help be like

Question Mark Idk GIF by US National Archives

Here’s two options I can think of.

1. Manually - Use the “Prompt for Workflow” task to prompt the Assignee to select the workflow from a dropdown.

2. Automatically - Use the Change Workflow" task to move the document to a different workflow that you have hard-coded in.

I was going to say something similar to @vleveris. I don’t think you can alter the UI like you want. But you can alter the workflow and re-task a current task into something you want.

I would ask a question and ‘branch’ based on the answer. For example, we have a question like ‘ready to submit’ right at the end of all the checks and changes, and it won’t go to ERP without saying yes - but it could easily enough call the change workflow task.

blegh.

The thing is I want this option available at basically anytime, and not really at a specific step. If something isn’t working (variance they can’t get through or whatever) instead of having them having to pick the correct “bail out” workflow, just click one easy button.

I guess I’ll just name the workflow appropriately and train on assigning workflows.

Oh well. Thanks for answering guys.

One option is use branching with user selection in branch conditions, name them to “change workflow” and “Submit”, put in each exception step.