Amazon and Epicor

We are investigating how to switch from using Vendor Central to EDI with Amazon.
I am looking for as much information as possible regarding how the two interact. We use TIE as our VAN. I can see using Demand workbench/Demand entry to get the orders (850). We can even send 856 and 810s. My questions are regarding 753 and 754. How do those work within Epicor? Are there BPMs? I am not sure how it works. Can anyone assist?

I’m guessing you need a service connect workflow, and if nobody on here puts up their hand I can recommend a contractor who specializes in that.

But you have me intrigued - how do you send 810s from Epicor? I didn’t realize that was built in, in fact I didn’t know Epicor did EDI at all.

https://www.epicor.com/en-us/newsroom/news-releases/epicor-acquires-electronic-data-interchange-edi-solution-provider-1-edi-source/

Checkout the Application help on the EDI it documents it all there.

Hi Steve.
You can set up documents in Epicor, set up Report Styles, and send Invoices, ASN’s, and Order Acknowledgements via EDI.
The tech manual is actually good. Epicor10_techrefEDIDemandMgmt_102300. It is a pdf you can download from Epicor’s website. It talks about how to set everything up except 753 and 754. I put in a ticket with Epicor and they told me we needed a consultant.

1 Like

Hally,
Thank you for the message however, 753 and 754 are not discussed in the documentation to the best of my knowledge. Did you find it in a particular place?

1 Like

It does and it doesn’t. ANY report style can output as “EDI” but it’s just a dump of the RDD (including BAQ-based RDDs!) that then is picked up and processed by a provider (TIE Kinetix, 1 EDI Source, SPS Commerce, etc.). They parse the file and translate it to whatever standard the other party expects. Does Epicor natively produce and send EDI files? Well, no, because everyone wants something different, but it’s enough to be functional with the help of a partner or your own translations.

We’re in the process of implementing Amazon EDI (1 EDI Source) at the moment too and are toward the end of testing. However, only the 850, 855, 856, and 810 are being used. I’m not entirely familiar with the 753/754. It looks to be a request and response for routing (shipping) information? Is Amazon actually requiring you to pass those documents? We deal primarily with direct fulfillment so our use cases may be different.

@NaomiLitania,
Sorry about that, it appears @jstephens correct, there are a few oothers like 862 (inbound shipping schedule), but I don’t think that really covers the 753/754 you are looking for.

@jstephens We are a 1P vs a 3P so all of our packages go to an Amazon warehouse. So, we are required to use the 753/754 or continue to use Vendor Central. So you are correct, because you do direct fulfillment, ours is different. I really appreciate all the information you have provided!