App Studio - Export Layers?

Morning all,

I see that Kinetic layers can be included in a solution. Can layers be exported and imported manually as well? I couldn’t find any obvious feature to accomplish this.

Thanks!

Sure would be nice.

As of now, the Solution Workbench is your only option.

Thanks for the clarification. Can layers installed by solution workbench be modified after installation?

Yes!

I just added an Epicor Ideas suggestion to export and import layers in Application Studio. Please vote it up! (or convince me that solutions workbench isn’t as tedious as it feels to me).

https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KNTC-I-2354

Export/Import Kinetic Layers and Personalizations in App Studio

Please give us the ability to export and import kinetic customizations and personalizations in App Studio, like there is for classic customizations (whether directly, or in customization maintenance). Doing it through solutions workbench is a much slower process than currently exists for classic UI forms, and makes moving customizations across environments tedious.

As we fix classic screens in 2021.2 and adding them to SW, I’m growing to like it more than having have to remember to load 20 screens individually every time we do an upgrade test and then again on launch day.

But your point is spot on about it being clumsy. I haven’t used Solution Tracking yet, so maybe that makes it a bit easier.

Might be nice if there was an “Add to solution” option on any item that can go into one and you select it there. Again, maybe this is what Solution Tracking is meant to do.

1 Like