Application Server Setup Failed

We are getting the error while deploying the application for your reference error is attached below

Validating Deployment Data.
Stopping Application Pool: ERP102300.
Stopping Epicor Services.
Updating Server Files.
Updating Client Files.
Configuring Site.
Starting Application Pool: ERP102300.
Starting Epicor Services.

Application Server Setup Failed.
Errors:
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. —> System.Exception: For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Ice.Lib.SsrsReporting.ReportingService2010.CreateCatalogItem(String ItemType, String Name, String Parent, Boolean Overwrite, Byte[] Definition, Property[] Properties, Warning[]& Warnings)
at Ice.Lib.Reporting.SsrsFolder.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.b__0(IReportingService service)
at Ice.Lib.Reporting.SsrsReportingServiceCaller.DoWithService[TReturn](Func2 action) at Ice.Lib.Reporting.SsrsFolder.CreateReport(String reportPath, Byte[] reportBytes) at Ice.Lib.Reporting.SsrsReportingServiceCaller.DoWithService[TReturn](Func2 action)
at Ice.Lib.Reporting.SsrsReportImporter.ImportReport(String reportPath, XDocument reportDocument)
at SetupEnvironment.Steps.ImportSsrsReports.ImportReportsInZipFile(SsrsReportImporter reportImporter, SsrsFolder ssrsFolder, String reportsBasePath, String reportZipPath)
at SetupEnvironment.Steps.ImportSsrsReports.ImportReportsInZipFiles(SsrsReportingServiceCaller serviceCaller, String reportsBasePath, String reportZipPaths)
at SetupEnvironment.StepBase.Run()

Could you please suggest the how to resolve this issue?

Looks like your app server config SSRS settings are incorrect, or the SSRS services are not installed correctly on the machine you are trying to use. Newer versions of SQL have a separate install for SSRS.

Also, more info about the error might be in the server event logs.

I would re-run the appserver install without the SSRS deployment checkbox checked. This will make sure the appserver installation doesn’t have any other problems, then you can always go back and check the box and try again with the SSRS deployment.

I have install the Appserver without selecting the SSRS deployment checkbox and it works fine. When I am selecting the SSRS deployment checkbox that time system is throwing error.

Look in your Application Server Configuration > Reporting Services Tab in the Admin Console and double check everything in that Tab. Like @MikeGross said, something isn’t setup right either with the SQL/SSRS server itself or you have something missing from the tab I mention or something isn’t correct in that tab.

1 Like