Architecture change in 2024.1?

I noticed in a couple posts here lately from Epicor employees that 2024.1 = 11.3.100 (emphasis on the 3)

And EpicCare supports this also:

When this came up before, it was said that the middle number corresponds to a “big technology change.”

So, what is the change from 11.2 to 11.3?

:popcorn:

.NET Version 8 (server side)

3 Likes

But will they update our tooling? I’m guessing the answer is no. :sob:

Which makes sense since .NET 6’s end of life is 12 November 2024.

1 Like

Not sure which tooling you speak of. But in general nothing changed as far as I can tell there still on C# version ancient for BPM / Function compiling.

1 Like

Gotcha. Thank you.

I’ve enjoyed the stability of 4 consecutive versions 2022.1 → 2023.2. We just moved to 2022.2 in January and will be jumping again to 2023.2 within a couple months, and it’s not a big deal.

But I guess it’s time to shake it up again.

A slide from my Insights talk a while ago…

Agreed. Use it or lose it.

I’ll still complain though.

Joe Dirt Brother GIF

I think Martin’s point is more that if you make yourself do it more often, you’ll naturally look for ways to get better at it. He’s talking about programming but it’s just as true with other things in life. When I was on Public Cloud, we did the first upgrade from 10.0 to 10.2.100 and it was painful. 10.2.200 came around and the people were squealing that it was too soon. 10.2.300 went smoother. After the 4th upgrade, people just knew what to do and didn’t complain at all.

1 Like

A man can dream…

https://github.dev/github/dev

dream dreaming GIF