BAQ Report Filter field

New problem …

I was playing around in the BAQ designer (not the report designer), and added a Table criteria of type “specified paramter”. I created a parameter, added values, etc… And it worked as expected.

Then I decided to remove that table criteria. I d did so by selecting it in the lower pane, and clicking the delete button (‘X’). The criteria line disappeared from the lower pane, but when I test the BAQ, I still get prompted for the criteria.

How can I get rid of this?

Where is this “LIKE Column” in the BAQ?

In the Display Field Attributes?

In the BAQ, open Actions - Define Parameters.

I looked there. the list is empty.

If add a Table Criteria of type “specified parameter”, and then click the “specified” link
I get:

Seems that Plant_Name parameter is FUBAR’d.

If I try to make a new Query Parameter (from Actions \ Define Parameters) and name it Plant_Name, it says it already exists. Yet it doesn’t show in the Query Parameters window.

Hmm, I’ve seen this before. I’ve cleared it by saving the BAQ and
reopening it. Also sometimes jumping around the Analyze, Query Builder,
and General tabs will get the BAQ to “refresh” and clear out lingering junk
like this.

Finally, check the SQL query phrase on the General tab, see if the
@parameter is gone.

Hello,

Does anyone got the answer for this question? According Epicor definition :

Only columns from the BAQ that have an adapter are displayed in the list. This property lets this column link to other columns to restrict the data that appears

I have POHeader.PONum and Project.ProjectID in my BAQ but it is not appearing in available filter list drop down.

You have to add these columns to the BAQ Like Search tab

Still not showing…

1 Like

where BAQ Report doesn’t list some of the expected “key” fields.
I’ve had this happen too… seems to be intermittent ( possibly related to the order in which I’ve added/changed tables in the BAQ)?
When a BAQ gets “out of whack” like this, I’ve not always been able to clear it up.
i.e. I’ve needed to rebuild some BAQs from scratch and verify the desired filters are listed before I get too far along.

Not sure what data you want returned but…here are a couple screen shots, quick example with some of the same tables
and where the plant is listed in the BAQR filters.

Do the fileds from Warehouse and PartCost not show because they are on the 3rd level? Or for some other reason?

If PartCost.PartNum was an included field, would PartCost_PartNum, show in the dropdown list?

Some other reason, since the PartBin fields show up at the same level as PartCost.
Just a guess, but I always thought it had something to do with the way tables are chained together… where at some point the system ignores the tables “key” fields.

Probably doesn’t answer your question but I still refer to this this old copy of a schema (that someone was nice enough to upload to the Yahoo site)
when I’m chaining part tables together in BAQs.

PartTables.pdf (59.5 KB)

2 Likes

Nice find. I may have that printed on bronze, and hang it on my wall.

just need to add PartLot table to this nice schema

Again, from the old Yahoo sites file section…
Another schema I reference from DotNet, includes the PartLot table, and more.

Part.pdf (277.5 KB)

2 Likes

nice one pal, that is a comprehensive one (treasure map):slight_smile:

and sorry to ask, is this an old archive site or what ???

It was a members only Yahoo Group

EDIT:

And it looks like a few people still use it (seeing posts in October & November)

1 Like

Yes, the old Vantage group was hosted by Yahoo.
All the threads were migrated to this site but the none of the files.
A little dated now but still has some good stuff.

Not sure new accounts are being accepted, or if you’d be able to access files.

Nobody is moderating over there I doubt a new account would be accepted. All the info should be here (except the files) however they are for the most part old and obsolete even the schemas would be out of date for the most part.

1 Like

@bordway @ckrusen thanks for explaining this guys.

@josecgomez yes you are right, old schemas will be out of date as Bruce and Calvin mentioned on the thread, it just a start point then who ever need it can update it accordingly to serve his use.

1 Like

Yes, wondering if you’ve ever seen any schema layout sheets for E10 directly from Epicor?

The I only one I saw from Epicor was a long time ago & that was for Clientele.
I’m a big fan of schema layouts (and processing flow charts).