Can you reverse an applied credit memo?

I’m not an accounting person, but our staff is asking if they can reverse an applied credit memo?

Any accounting gurus that can help?

Thanks!
Dave

1 Like

Hello Dave, did you ever get an answer for this? We need to reverse an applied credit memo, also.
Thanks.

No, still working on. Keep in touch if either one of us finds a way!

1 Like

Yes, I will, thank you.

Linda Shutts

Sambrailo Packaging Co.

Accounting Manager

Direct (831) 763-7537

L.Shutts@sambrailo.com

Sambrailo Packaging Logo-2015 centered RGB

Linda Shutts would like to recall the message, “[Epicor Help Forum] [E10] Can you reverse an applied credit memo?”.

Dave or anyone else…
I have a client that is asking the same question. Did you ever figure out the correct procedure?
Here is my client’s scenario:

1. Ran a Cash Receipt as an Unapplied Deposit to the Customers Account.
  2. Applied that deposit to an invoice (via Apply Document as a Credit Memo)
  3. Later that day they rec’d a check for the invoice, which means they applied the deposit to the wrong invoice.
    They need to unapply the invoice payment and get it back on the customer’s account for another invoice in the future.

In Cash Receipt Entry I saw a Debit Note option, and read a bit about it, but like you, Epicor Financial Module is not my specialty and I don’t know the proper way to reverse this.

Thanks!

1 Like

Has there been any resolutions posted for this issue? I have the same situation :frowning:

1 Like

Once you have applied a credit memo you cannot reverse it, if you have applied to a wrong invoice then there must be another invoice pending, can you try to offset the new check against that Invoice and document a note for future reference.

Does anyone know if this is possible yet? Our accounting group made a mistake and applied a credit memo to the wrong invoice and need to apply it to the right invoice.

Thanks,
Tanner

Funny enough we have this issue today when someone made a mistake and posted a CM to the wrong Customer.

1 Like