Change Cost Methods

Has anyone done this recently that could advise on what process you followed? We are currently Lot FiFO and looking to move to standard. I have done this before but it was many years ago and my little grey cells are not what they used to be :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

The only real gotcha I am aware of is changing the cost method is like turning on lot tracking in that if you have any on-hand quantity you have to adjust it out, change the setting, and adjust the quantity back in.

Thanks Garret, that is what i remembered.

I think, if the business wants to do this and as i have a Kinetic Go Live in the next couple of months, i may combine the change over with that but get Finance to load Standards into E9.

Am i correct in assuming we would load standards using the Cost Adjustment DMT?

The Cost Method is set at the Part, and Part Plant level. (There is also a Company level setting that will inform the costing method of all new parts if something isn’t specified when the part is created)

If you will be using the same method for all sites, there is also a field at the Part level in DMT called UpdatePartPlant you can use to apply the cost method you set at the part level to all sites as well.

OK Great and Thanks

This is a tangent, but when we upload new standards each year, I use a new cost set each time. It did break a bunch of BAQs because in ignorance I never dreamed I would be doing this…

Anyway, process is here, but I skip steps 3-7 because we don’t use costing workbench.

And test a lot.

Oh, and read this caveat - I also seem to break it every year…