Change Log missing?

Within Data Directive, is ChangeLog simply unavailable on some tables?

This is what the menu on the left looks like for most tables.

But on PartBOO and PartBOM, that option just isn’t there:

Why is that? Any way to enable ChangeLogs on PartBOO and PartBOM?

Sort of.

See :point_down:t2:

Change Log for the the UD100A Table - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Enable Change Log - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

ERP 9/10 How to enable Change Log on a table missing the option? | LinkedIn

PartBom and PartOpr are two “special” tables… in theory nobody has access to change them individually, so there is no reason to have a change log (but I know… you want them).
All changes to PartMtl (BOM) and PartOpr (BOO) are actually done with ECOMtl and ECOOper… Not sure if those have traces on them either though.

I believe that this is one of those areas where you should probably submit an enhancement request.

One other consideration. On the Part Revision tab in part entry there is an AUDIT card where you can see each time a BOM was checked IN. within this audit log, it has the reason that the user used… it also lists the ECO Group where the changes were made.

ALSO if you are doing BOM Revision updates correctly, it is possible to do a BOM Compare showing difference between REV A and REV B which is similar to a change log.

4 Likes

One more thing to point out is that changelog records aren’t persistent. If the record they were related to is deleted, the change log record is deleted too.

So if mtlseq 100 was created, the change record for that would get created.

If you changed the part number of the component of mtlseq 100, the change log record gets updated.

If you delete mtlseq 100, the changelog record would be deleted. There’d be no change log record that there ever was a mtlseq 100, what it was, or that it was deleted.

1 Like

@hmwillett that worked great and very easy to do. Thank you!

For future reference:

This will return a list of all tables that have ChangeLog available:

SELECT DataTableID, DbTableName, TableLabel, ChgLogId FROM Ice.ZDataTable where ChgLogID <> ‘’

I enabled ChangeLog for PartBOM with this:

UPDATE [Ice].[zDataTable] SET ChgLogId = ‘PartBOM’, TableLabel = ‘PartBOM’ WHERE [DataTableId] = ‘PartBOM’

I enabled ChangeLog for PartOpDtl with this:

UPDATE [Ice].[zDataTable] SET ChgLogId = ‘PartOpDtl’, TableLabel = ‘PartOpDtl’ WHERE [DataTableId] = ‘PartOpDtl’

Now when creating a new Data Directive, ChangeLog shows up as an option in the GUI for PartBOM and PartOpDtl

Weird about some of the omissions.

LaborPart is not in there yet users can maintain that directly from Time and Expense Entry under Detail->CoParts

For Auditing purposes Epicor is lacking.

We are using Epicor Cloud and I am going to try a UBAQ to see if it fixes the problem.

Update - I was able to write a UBAQ and updated the ChgLogID and TableLabel to both be ‘LaborPart’.

This enabled it in the BPM and I was able to log changes.

Now to activate Change Log in the customization.

2 Likes