Classic screen functionality where the records stay in sync

What do you call the feature in the classic screens where you can do right click open with to open a second screen, and then when you change your record on the first screen, the second screen updates as well? I can’t search about this because I literally have no idea what its called or how to refer to it.

It appears this functionality is gone on Kinetic? Any idea if its something that will be introduced in a future release or if its gone forever?

I always called it Right Click Open With, or Linked Forms. I think Epicor calls it publish/subscribe. I have a post that goes into a little bit here:
Button to Open Method Tracker or Any Form - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)
And some other possibly helpful links:
Using Right Click >> Open With - Linked Form Indicator? Can you Break Link? - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)
Right Click → Open With does not follow when the first field is changed for only one user - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)
Dashboard Open With customize Form - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)
Good Luck!

1 Like

Thanks to your terminology assistance I was able to locate this in Epicor ideas. Anybody on a version later than 2021.2 that can say whether its done or not? Its confusing because the idea is noted as in development but somebody commented that its released?

https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ERP-I-1857

I am on 11.2.100 (2022.1.11). When I opened Job Entry in Live Kinetic, and then right click the part number and open with part entry, the correct part number loads up. And when I change jobs in Job Entry, the part number changes in Part Entry. I think this is working on my end at least in the Edge browser.

EDIT: However, it is not perfect. It takes a long time to load and I can’t really tell it’s loading anything until it finally pops up. I think this is not working on some forms, but I can’t be sure with how flaky Kinetic is.

2 Likes

Good to know. Our next target is 2022.2 so fingers crossed its usable there.

At some point in the past I know it was being worked on to match the classic functionality. Glad to know it’s moving forward.

I can confirm that it mostly works, notable exception is “Part on Hand Status” which does not open correctly via Right-click.

This is a pain for us because we need to look up lot numbers from Sales Order entry and Part on Hand Status is the ideal screen for it.

1 Like

I’m curious if you’ve reported this and what support says about it?

@aosemwengie1, we’ve advised our implementation partner and are letting them advise support. I’ll post back if there is any resolution.

2 Likes