Cloud Upgrade to 2022.1.8 from deferral has caused many problems

Version 2021.2.13 → 2022.1.8

This topic covers tips, tricks and known issues for making the jump between the two above sessions.

Tips:

Test your pilot - but testing didn’t catch all of these issues…

Known Issues:

I am living a train wreck right now -
Upgrade from 2021.2.13 to 2022.1.8 on the cloud - we had differed the upgrade due to timing of go live.
Here’s the list so far…

1. A dashboard definition was deleted from the table, menu still existed, the dashboard def was gone, had to reimport - Credit Manager Dashboard deleted??
  2. Launching Kinetic with the home page, after the splash screen, Kinetic shuts down - does not open. - occurring with many users.
  3. Receipt entry requires going to the browser to run. Even with the Kinetic customizations removed from the menu the system still does not work. PO Receipt - Mass Receipt changed
  4. Multiple instances of launching a process result in a white screen. Close screen, repeat, and do several times until the application is launched. Not seeing this issue in Pilot.
  5. Part Tracker (Part Entry - read only) was not launching - republished Kinetic Customization form launches.
1 Like

Forgot to add - that the login prompt unchecked the “Home Page” choice, so users had to recheck it.
When submitting a case to Epicor the response was to have all users update the sysconfig file
As the sysconfig files get overwritten on the server after every update/upgrade, the launch type value also gets overwritten. I’d recommend that you have the users move the launch type value under ‘User Settings’ so that it does not get overwritten in the next upgrade (when an auto-update runs).

I don’t see users editing a sysConfig file…

1 Like

I don’t see want users editing a sysConfig file…

I’m working on upgrading to 2022.1.8 and have had issues with #2. I’ve cleared cache and that seems to do it, but I have to do it manually.

1 Like

I am on 2022.1.6 and I don’t have the shutting down issue. We came from 2021.2.something.

Still doing testing and configurations.

I feel for you Bruce.

Understood, but the .sysconfig file is going to be essentially gone in two years. Do we want Epicor to work on that or make the Kinetic UI more robust? :thinking:

Also, PowerShell can help in a couple of ways. We can deploy updated sysconfigs in login scripts - probably the fastest method. Or we can use PowerShell to update the XML in the configs.

1 Like

Configs are core functionality, and core functionality is what I’d expect throughout a major version transition. If Epicor doesn’t have the resources to get a basic config file right at release, they have bigger problems than division of resources.

The white screen is very repeatable - working with EpicCare - they ran a conversion and also showed me where to delete various files too that may cause the issue.
Surprised to see conversion files with Errors - that had been run, but no one alerted me to the issues. nor are there files to review the conversion errors.
Let’s hope for a better tomorrow now…

1 Like

I am at the point that I will be going back to Classic screens.
When logging into Epicor and checking the box for Kinetic - I will get a White Screen then the login closes.
Many white screens - we have to launch a process two to three times before it isn’t white.

The best part now - is when I launched the Kinetic Application Maintenance - (which is a Kinetic only screen) it’s all white - I had to switch to the browser to change screens to Classic Only.

1 Like

Day two post upgrade to 2022.1.8
After calling tech support four times

1. Called support and pressed 5 - “your system is down” - I got voice mail
  2. Called back asked for a manager - placed on hold for 25 minutes - hung up
  3. Called back asked to speak to the person working the case - placed on hold for 15 minutes - hung up
  4. Called back got Vanessa who had worked on the case - she stayed on the phone to resolve the issue (about one hour)

The solution was to restart some processes in Kinetic - scheduled a restart at 11 am (with everyone out of the system) - and were back in business and processes were working.
Our white screens were minimized, but we still, need to run thru and check customizations.
Also deleted my local cache files - C:\ProgramData\Epicor (only done on my machine)

End result is we will be staying on Kinetic for now. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Apparently 2022.1.8 has introduced an issue with MRP not running correctly. We have moved from 2022.1.5 to 2022.1.9 this morning as .9 fixed an issue with Inventory transactions using lot numbers. We were doing testing for out UAT kick off yesterday in .5 and it all worked fine, today after the update MRP will not run. .8 introduced a bug with running the MRP :roll_eyes:

1 Like

SHEESH!

this is a complete sentence.

PRB0249226 details the issue, it seems that looking at the development tasks on this Problem that it first manifested in 2021.2.3 and although the problem has been accepted, nothing has been done about it. You would have though having an unstable MRP would be a key issue to fix!

1 Like

We haven’t even started testing that yet… So what versions is it affecting and releases and patches?

I’ll check out the PRB.