Concatenating barcodes on the 8.03 Job Traveler / MES

With the LS2208 you have to scan barcodes to set your rules correct? I haven't had much luck with those. I tried using the Scan123 software that is made available... but I had no luck.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "psiebers" <psiebers@...> wrote:
>
> I am using the Symbol LS2208 USB scanners... What are you doing with the datawedge? Does it let you slow down or pause between barcoded characters?
>
> I have downloaded the app that lets you configure some of the hardware settings. It allowed me to set a keystroke delay of 40ms, but that is still too fast for the Assembly or Operation fields to become available...
>
> According to Tech Support data verification takes place ot each of the three levels. Epicor 9 works the same way...
>
> Paul
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "tomrippity02" <bateman_aaron@> wrote:
> >
> > I accomplished the same thing by using the datawedge to define my delimiters. What kind of scanners are you using and do you have some wedge software for them? I like that solution better as I don't have to concern myself with changes to the reports in the future. I can add as many items to barcodes and what not as I want as well, and it always tabs correctly.
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "psiebers" <psiebers@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am wondering if anyone has found a way to concatenate the Job/Assy/Op
> > > into a single bar code that can be used on the 8.03 traveler?
> > >
> > > In 6.1 you could use "*" + trim({jobhead.JOBNUM} + "$I" +
> > > trim(totext({JobAsmbl.AssemblySeq},0)) + "$I"
> > > + trim(totext({JOBOPER.OPRSEQ},0))) + "$I" + "*" to print all three in a single
> > > bar code. That function broke in 8.03. I submitted a request to Epicor this
> > > morning, and the answer was that it was turned into an enhancement request...
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > >
> > > Paul
> > >
> >
>
I am wondering if anyone has found a way to concatenate the Job/Assy/Op
into a single bar code that can be used on the 8.03 traveler?

In 6.1 you could use "*" + trim({jobhead.JOBNUM} + "$I" + trim(totext({JobAsmbl.AssemblySeq},0)) + "$I"
+ trim(totext({JOBOPER.OPRSEQ},0))) + "$I" + "*" to print all three in a single bar code. That function broke in 8.03. I submitted a request to Epicor this morning, and the answer was that it was turned into an enhancement request...

TIA,

Paul
I am wondering if anyone has found a way to concatenate the Job/Assy/Op
into a single bar code that can be used on the 8.03 traveler?

In 6.1 you could use "*" + trim({jobhead.JOBNUM} + "$I" +
trim(totext({JobAsmbl.AssemblySeq},0)) + "$I"
+ trim(totext({JOBOPER.OPRSEQ},0))) + "$I" + "*" to print all three in a single
bar code. That function broke in 8.03. I submitted a request to Epicor this
morning, and the answer was that it was turned into an enhancement request...

TIA,

Paul
I accomplished the same thing by using the datawedge to define my delimiters. What kind of scanners are you using and do you have some wedge software for them? I like that solution better as I don't have to concern myself with changes to the reports in the future. I can add as many items to barcodes and what not as I want as well, and it always tabs correctly.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "psiebers" <psiebers@...> wrote:
>
> I am wondering if anyone has found a way to concatenate the Job/Assy/Op
> into a single bar code that can be used on the 8.03 traveler?
>
> In 6.1 you could use "*" + trim({jobhead.JOBNUM} + "$I" +
> trim(totext({JobAsmbl.AssemblySeq},0)) + "$I"
> + trim(totext({JOBOPER.OPRSEQ},0))) + "$I" + "*" to print all three in a single
> bar code. That function broke in 8.03. I submitted a request to Epicor this
> morning, and the answer was that it was turned into an enhancement request...
>
> TIA,
>
> Paul
>
I am using the Symbol LS2208 USB scanners... What are you doing with the datawedge? Does it let you slow down or pause between barcoded characters?

I have downloaded the app that lets you configure some of the hardware settings. It allowed me to set a keystroke delay of 40ms, but that is still too fast for the Assembly or Operation fields to become available...

According to Tech Support data verification takes place ot each of the three levels. Epicor 9 works the same way...

Paul

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "tomrippity02" <bateman_aaron@...> wrote:
>
> I accomplished the same thing by using the datawedge to define my delimiters. What kind of scanners are you using and do you have some wedge software for them? I like that solution better as I don't have to concern myself with changes to the reports in the future. I can add as many items to barcodes and what not as I want as well, and it always tabs correctly.
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "psiebers" <psiebers@> wrote:
> >
> > I am wondering if anyone has found a way to concatenate the Job/Assy/Op
> > into a single bar code that can be used on the 8.03 traveler?
> >
> > In 6.1 you could use "*" + trim({jobhead.JOBNUM} + "$I" +
> > trim(totext({JobAsmbl.AssemblySeq},0)) + "$I"
> > + trim(totext({JOBOPER.OPRSEQ},0))) + "$I" + "*" to print all three in a single
> > bar code. That function broke in 8.03. I submitted a request to Epicor this
> > morning, and the answer was that it was turned into an enhancement request...
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Paul
> >
>
We have been using a concatenated barcode for the last 3-4 years to fill in the job #, operation, assembly and resource. It worked great until we upgraded to 803.405. Since then the barcodes do not fill in all the fields on a consistent basis. We have tried adjusting the speed on the scanners. We can get them to work correctly, but it only lasts for a short time. a day at the most. We often find that after scanning a barcode that fails to fill in the fields correctly when we clear the screen and scan the barcode again it works properly for just that scan. We tried different hardware and got the same results. We're at a loss on this one. We had a call open with Epicor for about a  year with no results.

--- On Tue, 9/8/09, psiebers <psiebers@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Re: Concatenating barcodes on the 8.03 Job Traveler / MES
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 12:54 PM

Â

I am using the Symbol LS2208 USB scanners... What are you doing with the datawedge? Does it let you slow down or pause between barcoded characters?

I have downloaded the app that lets you configure some of the hardware settings. It allowed me to set a keystroke delay of 40ms, but that is still too fast for the Assembly or Operation fields to become available...

According to Tech Support data verification takes place ot each of the three levels. Epicor 9 works the same way...

Paul

--- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "tomrippity02" <bateman_aaron@ ...> wrote:
>
> I accomplished the same thing by using the datawedge to define my delimiters. What kind of scanners are you using and do you have some wedge software for them? I like that solution better as I don't have to concern myself with changes to the reports in the future. I can add as many items to barcodes and what not as I want as well, and it always tabs correctly.
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "psiebers" <psiebers@> wrote:
> >
> > I am wondering if anyone has found a way to concatenate the Job/Assy/Op
> > into a single bar code that can be used on the 8.03 traveler?
> >
> > In 6.1 you could use "*" + trim({jobhead. JOBNUM} + "$I" +
> > trim(totext( {JobAsmbl. AssemblySeq} ,0)) + "$I"
> > + trim(totext( {JOBOPER. OPRSEQ},0) )) + "$I" + "*" to print all three in a single
> > bar code. That function broke in 8.03. I submitted a request to Epicor this
> > morning, and the answer was that it was turned into an enhancement request...
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Paul
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I have had the exact same issue, but only when I include the resource as part of the scan. If I only scan job #, assembly, and sequence, it works just fine. Then we have them scan the resource seperately or enter it in.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Tom Jankowski <tom.allied@...> wrote:
>
> We have been using a concatenated barcode for the last 3-4 years to fill in the job #, operation, assembly and resource. It worked great until we upgraded to 803.405. Since then the barcodes do not fill in all the fields on a consistent basis. We have tried adjusting the speed on the scanners. We can get them to work correctly, but it only lasts for a short time. a day at the most. We often find that after scanning a barcode that fails to fill in the fields correctly when we clear the screen and scan the barcode again it works properly for just that scan. We tried different hardware and got the same results. We're at a loss on this one. We had a call open with Epicor for about a  year with no results.
>
> --- On Tue, 9/8/09, psiebers <psiebers@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: psiebers <psiebers@...>
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Concatenating barcodes on the 8.03 Job Traveler / MES
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 12:54 PM
>
>
> Â
>
>
>
> I am using the Symbol LS2208 USB scanners... What are you doing with the datawedge? Does it let you slow down or pause between barcoded characters?
>
> I have downloaded the app that lets you configure some of the hardware settings. It allowed me to set a keystroke delay of 40ms, but that is still too fast for the Assembly or Operation fields to become available...
>
> According to Tech Support data verification takes place ot each of the three levels. Epicor 9 works the same way...
>
> Paul
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "tomrippity02" <bateman_aaron@ ...> wrote:
> >
> > I accomplished the same thing by using the datawedge to define my delimiters. What kind of scanners are you using and do you have some wedge software for them? I like that solution better as I don't have to concern myself with changes to the reports in the future. I can add as many items to barcodes and what not as I want as well, and it always tabs correctly.
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "psiebers" <psiebers@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am wondering if anyone has found a way to concatenate the Job/Assy/Op
> > > into a single bar code that can be used on the 8.03 traveler?
> > >
> > > In 6.1 you could use "*" + trim({jobhead. JOBNUM} + "$I" +
> > > trim(totext( {JobAsmbl. AssemblySeq} ,0)) + "$I"
> > > + trim(totext( {JOBOPER. OPRSEQ},0) )) + "$I" + "*" to print all three in a single
> > > bar code. That function broke in 8.03. I submitted a request to Epicor this
> > > morning, and the answer was that it was turned into an enhancement request...
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > >
> > > Paul
> > >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>