Crashed Layer

Hello again,

I have a layer that somehow no longer works. It looks like it is loading the default layer and all the work I have done is gone. Any idea how to resurrect a layer that this happens to. I have a lot of work into this one and would hate to have to rebuild it.

1. Open the screen in Application Studio and see if your layer is available to load and (published? @hmwillett )

2. Check and make sure your layer is applied in Menu Maintenance.

No longer works or no longer loads?
In the URL, do you see your layer name? If not, itā€™s not loading. If so, then check dev tools to see if itā€™s throwing an error.

Do the things @klincecum suggested as well.

1 Like

I was working on it. I would test in both preview and in the menu because I have had some that donā€™t work the same in live vs menu so I have to make sure they do before I go too far and find out that something is not working and have a lot to sort through. I added a row-update published it and tested it. It then didnā€™t work and when I went back in the event with the row update had 4 of them not just one. I then tried adding a button and it wouldnā€™t add it to the design window. closed everything and went back in and there were 3 buttons. I am trying by removing the event and buttons now then publish then see if it works.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Yup. Thatā€™s a known bug. An extremely frustrating known bug as the only ā€œfixā€ Iā€™ve come across is to recreate the layer if recreating the event doesnā€™t work. :confused:

Edit: I also have not discovered a way to avoid it outright. I havenā€™t seen it yet in 2022.2.9 yet, however, so if upgrading is an option that might help (tall order, I know).

Edit Edit: So, since my production environment is on 2021.2, I run into this a lot. Iā€™ve been developing in our sandbox environment which is 2022.2.9 and then exporting the layer and importing it to the old. Itā€¦ sometimes works? lol

1 Like

That meme

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I thought.

Sad Baby GIF

Any chance you can see the layer in Solutions Workbench? Thereā€™s also the ā€˜FX_Del_XXXDef_KineticPersonalizationā€™ datafix to delete Kinetic Personalization Layers that show pretty much every Kinetic layer out there. If you could find it, maybe you can edit the file and get access back.

1 Like

great fix