Crystal Reports Trainer

So true, Chris…

If you decided to go down this route, there are some nice tools in this version we didn’t have back in version 3 when I first learned this…

Under System Management, there is the Data Dictionary Viewer and DataSet Relationship screens. These are good to learn how the database is set up from table relationships and fields available to you.

M

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Chris Thompson
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 7:32 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Crystal Reports Trainer

Hi

We were in your situation a few years ago when we went live.

I would recommend getting someone computer minded in your organisation to play with crystal for a few hours.

I got sick of paying consultants and then asking them to make changes.

One lunch time I sat whilst having lunch and prepared my first report within the hour simply my trial and error and reading online tutorials (free).

Now I have a very good understanding about it and feel confident to create very complex crystal reports using data from Epicor. It's not too difficult once you get your head around it.

Chris Thompson

On 2 Aug 2013, at 13:17, "senskepuff" <senske3@...<mailto:senske3%40hotmail.com>> wrote:

> We are new to EPICOR and looking for some local support with Crystal Reports. Up until now we have just used consultants directly to create and modify our reports. Does anyone have suggestions on any groups that could train a group of us how to do crystal reports? We would prefer the group/person is local near Minneapolis?
>
> Thank you.
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

We are new to EPICOR and looking for some local support with Crystal Reports. Up until now we have just used consultants directly to create and modify our reports. Does anyone have suggestions on any groups that could train a group of us how to do crystal reports? We would prefer the group/person is local near Minneapolis?

Thank you.
There are people from Epicor that can train your users to navigate and create reports....it helps because they can also help you understand the connection from Crystal to Epicor. Just ask your CAM (customer account manager) for names.

That said, to just use Crystal Reports, you can always look online to find Crystal trainers.

Crystal Reports is like Microsoft Office, there are enough third party companies that can train you with this software.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of senskepuff
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 7:17 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Crystal Reports Trainer

We are new to EPICOR and looking for some local support with Crystal Reports. Up until now we have just used consultants directly to create and modify our reports. Does anyone have suggestions on any groups that could train a group of us how to do crystal reports? We would prefer the group/person is local near Minneapolis?

Thank you.

Hi

We were in your situation a few years ago when we went live.

I would recommend getting someone computer minded in your organisation to play with crystal for a few hours.

I got sick of paying consultants and then asking them to make changes.

One lunch time I sat whilst having lunch and prepared my first report within the hour simply my trial and error and reading online tutorials (free).

Now I have a very good understanding about it and feel confident to create very complex crystal reports using data from Epicor. It's not too difficult once you get your head around it.

Chris Thompson

On 2 Aug 2013, at 13:17, "senskepuff" <senske3@...> wrote:

> We are new to EPICOR and looking for some local support with Crystal Reports. Up until now we have just used consultants directly to create and modify our reports. Does anyone have suggestions on any groups that could train a group of us how to do crystal reports? We would prefer the group/person is local near Minneapolis?
>
> Thank you.
>
>